Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 0-1 Middlesbrough

many thanks to the 62 Lifers who gave marks, and my apologies for not including Alfie Doughty for his 30 minutes

Comments

• Comparing the pass percentages of our defenders tells a story

Matthews 85%
    Oshilaja, Purrington and Pearce, all 62%

Lapslie and Williams were even worse
  • We're two below relegation 
  • So, only one more team to play who are worse than us in the form table & then we can concentrate on winning again......because jesus we are crap against out of form  teams.
  • It’s no surprise that one or two scores are slightly different to mine - we all see things differently. But, the ref at just over 4? I thought he performed better than most of our players and can’t think of anything he did wrong. Do we just blame him for Boro’s slightly cynical approach or for our poor performance? If Boro had gifted us a goal and we had been 1-0 up, I suspect we would have wasted time and then given the ref a better score.
  • It’s no surprise that one or two scores are slightly different to mine - we all see things differently. But, the ref at just over 4? I thought he performed better than most of our players and can’t think of anything he did wrong. Do we just blame him for Boro’s slightly cynical approach or for our poor performance? If Boro had gifted us a goal and we had been 1-0 up, I suspect we would have wasted time and then given the ref a better score.
    IMO it should have been a penalty when he booked Taylor for diving. Other than that don't remember him getting much wrong. Referees always get marked ridiculously badly, especially when we've lost. 
  • alicwkd said:
    It’s no surprise that one or two scores are slightly different to mine - we all see things differently. But, the ref at just over 4? I thought he performed better than most of our players and can’t think of anything he did wrong. Do we just blame him for Boro’s slightly cynical approach or for our poor performance? If Boro had gifted us a goal and we had been 1-0 up, I suspect we would have wasted time and then given the ref a better score.
    IMO it should have been a penalty when he booked Taylor for diving. Other than that don't remember him getting much wrong. Referees always get marked ridiculously badly, especially when we've lost. 
    The Quest highlights suggest Lyle went down too easily...

Though there was another wrestling match in the box where Lyle could have got a penalty, but the earlier histrionics may have counted against him...
  • edited March 2020
    The yellow against Lyle, ref was behind play, behind the defender, who was behind Lyle. No way could he judge on contact, but why would Taylor go down from no contact by a player he couldn't see? Ref didn't seem to consult lino, but given choice of pen or dive, neither of which he could see, chose the latter.  Guessed.