Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team v Hull

Still extremely gutted about yesterday's result but we all need to some how stay positive and think we will still be playing second tier football next year- I for one think we will do.
We all know our how Hull have hit free fall and we all know how the diamond formation can be our formation we do well with. 
So instead of playing 3 at the back we should hit the diamond formation next Saturday and really go at a team who are extremely poor at the minute.
My team would be if all fit.
Phillips
Matthews Naby Lockyer Purrington 
Pratley (C)
Cullen Williams 
Doughty
Taylor Bonne.

Comments

• Talal said:
    It's almost got to the point where whatever formation we play, with whatever players, we're just not good enough. Only thing that might excite me (and I use that in the loosest sense) would be if Aneke played, purely because we've not seen him in a while and I've forgotten if he's shit or not. 
    I understand your point, still trying to stay positive but they are making it very very hard now. Aneke would be the player who I would play just behind Taylor and Bonne but like you said mate, we haven't seen him in a while.
    Wonder if @Sage can update on the Aneke situation?
  • Phillips and 10 others.

To be serious:

Phillips

Matthews
    Lockyer
    Sarr (if fit otherwise Pearce)
    Purrington

Green
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Williams

Taylor
    Bonne

Subs:

Amos
    Pearce / Oshilaja
    Oshilaja / Davis
    Lapslie 
    Morgan
    Doughty
    Hemed

I am assuming Aneke is unfit cardiovascularly, through injury or both.

• The fact is we don't have many credible options.
  • Got to play 442
  • Diamond formation looks good on a wipe board only. Need wide men to help full backs and get forward. Basic players need basic set ups so 4 4 2

Phillips
    Matthews Sarr Lockyer Purrington 
    Green Davis Cullen Doughty
    Taylor Bonne 
  • I said preseason that we lacked quality and would end up chopping and changing to find the least shit option. In October I thought I was wrong. 

I would go with

Phillips 

Desji
    Lockyer
    Sarr
    Matthews

Pratley
    Cullen
    Someone, the least shit option, I would go Morgan tbh
    Williams

Taylor
    Bonne
  • I would go 352 when in attack, 532 when defending as follows:

Phillips

Lockyer   Oshi    Sarr
    Matthews                         Doughty

Cullen      Pratley
                          Williams

Green      Taylor

bench Hemed. Bonne Smith Pearce Amos McGeady Lapslie 
  • kentred2 said:
    Diamond formation looks good on a wipe board only. Need wide men to help full backs and get forward. Basic players need basic set ups so 4 4 2

Phillips
    Taylor Bonne 
    So you would leave out Pratley and Williams?
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:
    Diamond formation looks good on a wipe board only. Need wide men to help full backs and get forward. Basic players need basic set ups so 4 4 2

Phillips
    Taylor Bonne 
    So you would leave out Pratley and Williams?
    Yes. Williams from bench. Davis better passer and holds his position better than Pratley. 
  • Still extremely gutted about yesterday's result but we all need to some how stay positive and think we will still be playing second tier football next year- I for one think we will do.
    We all know our how Hull have hit free fall and we all know how the diamond formation can be our formation we do well with. 
    So instead of playing 3 at the back we should hit the diamond formation next Saturday and really go at a team who are extremely poor at the minute.
    Phillips
    Pratley (C)
    Cullen Williams 
    Doughty
    Taylor Bonne.
    I thought Deji did enough to stay in, and might do even better with a run in the side. Doesn't sound like Nabby will be ready.
  • Not many of our new signings getting a mention. 
                           Phillip's
    Matthew's  Lockyer Pearce (Sarr if fit ) Purrington 
                               Pratley 
                  Cullen          Doughty 
                            Williams 
                       Taylor    Bonne

Subs Amos Oshilaja Davis Green Lapslie
    Hemed Oztumer. 

• Phillips 
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purr
    Green Morgan Cullen Ozzy
    Bonne Taylor
  • Am I the only one that thinks that oshilaja at right back and Matthews at left back can't be worse than Purrington any where near the team? 
  • Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Sarr | Purrington
    Pratley | Cullen
    Williams
    Green | Taylor | Bonne

Sure might leave us open to wide attacks, but we need to score. 

We need to be ruthless up top. That's been the difference of late, we're neither daring or aggressive enough up top.
  • clb74 said:
    I'm honoured mate but midfield at twice Pratley's age! I might need an oxygen cylinder on my back second half 🙄, plus I can't find my screw ins with the alloy studs 😈 so it'll have to be the mouldeds, not ideal in winter 😉.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Am I the only one that thinks that oshilaja at right back and Matthews at left back can't be worse than Purrington any where near the team? 
    The last thing we need is to add to the problems by putting square pegs in round holes, ie playing players out of position.
    Solly at left back was awful, so why would Matthews work ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Am I the only one that thinks that oshilaja at right back and Matthews at left back can't be worse than Purrington any where near the team? 
    The last thing we need is to add to the problems by putting square pegs in round holes, ie playing players out of position.
    Have to agree with this, haven't seen any evidence that Matthews is ambidextrous which means he'll favour getting the ball onto his right foot. Also he's in a good run of form at the moment so if ain't broke at right back don't fix it. Oshilaja virtually had to play left back and didn't do too bad recently imo maybe stick him there if Sarr is fit although I expect it will be between Doughty and Purrington.
  • After the second half on Saturday I wonder if the flat 4-4-2 is the way to go. Taylor and Bonne gives us two strikers who can score goals, Green and Williams out wide two who should create a few chances.
  • edited March 2020
    Scoham said:
    After the second half on Saturday I wonder if the flat 4-4-2 is the way to go. Taylor and Bonne gives us two strikers who can score goals, Green and Williams out wide two who should create a few chances.
    Was discussing this formation at last week's game with some fellow lifers and yesterday and it looked better when adopted second period. Great when attacking however my only reservation is Williams and Green doing the defensive side and providing adequate cover for their respective full backs. Also Williams looked uncomfortable out left v Boro so I'd prefer Doughty out there with Williams and or McGeady to come on as replacements.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Unlike Solly Matthews has played quite a few games as a left back through out his career.  For some bizarre reason some players can do it and some can't.

Like I said it's not ideal but just suggesting the least shit option.  Anyway it's not like what I, or anyone, suggests on here will actually impact the team selection. 
  • I would go 352 when in attack, 532 when defending as follows:

Phillips

Lockyer   Oshi    Sarr
    Matthews                         Doughty

Cullen      Pratley
                          Williams

Green      Taylor

bench Hemed. Bonne Smith Pearce Amos McGeady Lapslie 
    This, but Bonne up top instead of Green

I must admit, up until Saturday, I thought we would be able to mix it up with the new loan signings, but I just don’t think Bowyer fancies them, particularly McGeady who I think could add something

The only thing I think going in our favour on Saturday, is for us it’s a must win really.  Perhaps that will psychologically change our approach 
  • edited March 2020
    Still extremely gutted about yesterday's result but we all need to some how stay positive and think we will still be playing second tier football next year- I for one think we will do.
    Phillips
    Pratley (C)
    Cullen Williams 
    Doughty
    Taylor Bonne.
    No diamond please.

Phillips
    Oshilaja Lockyer Sarr Purrington 
    Matthews Pratley Cullen Williams/Ozzie
    Taylor Bonne

or

Phillip
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington 
    Green Pratley Cullen Williams/Ozzie
    Taylor Bonne
  • clb74 said:
    I’d like to see Tel and addick2000 brought on as impact players after 60 minutes
  • LenGlover said:
    Phillips and 10 others.

To be serious:

Phillips

Matthews
    Lockyer
    Purrington

Green
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Williams

Taylor
    Bonne

Subs:

Amos
    Pearce / Oshilaja
    Oshilaja / Davis
    Lapslie 
    Morgan
    Doughty
    Hemed

I'd probably go with that starting XI but would like to see Oztumer on the bench as a swap for Williams after an hour. His pace could be useful as an impact sub.
  • LenGlover said:
    Phillips and 10 others.

To be serious:

Phillips

Matthews
    Lockyer
    Purrington

Green
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Williams

Taylor
    Bonne

Subs:

Amos
    Pearce / Oshilaja
    Oshilaja / Davis
    Lapslie 
    Morgan
    Doughty
    Hemed

I'd probably go with that starting XI but would like to see Oztumer on the bench as a swap for Williams after an hour. His pace could be useful as an impact sub.
    I’d start with Doughty and swap for Williams after 60 mins as he seems to be more effective coming on later in the game