Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who`s to blame?

After the joy of waving goodbye to RD and the exciting news of our new owners I feel like VAR has declared it offside.

But who is to blame for our current position, RD,Lee Bowyer? injuries? Chelsea? or our new owners backfired gamble in Jan?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    https://youtu.be/pekhxxngQ3s

'Aspirations in the clouds, but your hopes go down the drain' 

The life of a Charlton supporter!  ;)
  • Options
    Our defenders, if you read half the comments on here
  • Options
    A combination of all you have mentioned 
  • Options
    We need to keep Bowyer and give him a proper transfer window, even if we go down. Whether ESI have the power to deliver that, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Were we relegated yesterday.?
  • Options
    Were we relegated yesterday.?
    Agree...let’s not forget survival is still in our own hands, gonna be a rollercoaster till the end of the season
  • Options
    We need to keep Bowyer and give him a proper transfer window, even if we go down. Whether ESI have the power to deliver that, I'm not sure.
    Absolutely spot on - and we need to keep the faith with Bowyer himself. He hasn’t always got tactics & squads right but he is still relatively inexperienced and has all that is required to be a great manager if he is given support and backing.

I think we are down already and am looking forward to LB building a squad that can keep us in the Championship next time - one that doesn’t vanish, or get sold at the end of the season like last summer.
  • Options
    Chelsea. They took back our best player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and we need to start playing 442 / 451 and ditch the diamond 
  • Options
    We can get out of this 
  • Options
    Thatcher 
    No, the Romans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I blame RD and the way he neglected the Club, to be dealt with by someone else (Yes questions still need to also be asked of ESI blah blah). Loads of ifs, buts and maybes, but to actually blame Bowyer for the position of the Club is well fuckin short sighted imo
  • Options
    I blame RD and the way he neglected the Club, to be dealt with by someone else (Yes questions still need to also be asked of ESI blah blah). Loads of ifs, buts and maybes, but to actually blame Bowyer for the position of the Club is well fuckin short sighted imo
    You’re right but that doesn’t mean Bowyer is necessarily the right man to manage the club.
  • Options
    No-one to blame yet, we haven't gone down. 

We were always going to be in a relegation scrap. We had a great start to the season which got our hopes up and got lucky with Gallagher. 

If we hadnt had a good start we wouldn't be having the conversation now. Also if esi hadn't bought us with our hopes of saudi money we wouldn't be having this conversation now as wouldn't have expected any signings from Roland. 

Allowed to be disappointed at the January transfer window though. 
  • Options
    The supporters?
    A vast bulk that are constantly negative and seem not to know what their role is.
  • Options
    Chelsea. They took back our best player.
    Does anyone know the exact reason(s) why they brought Gallagher back?
  • Options
    We were relegated after the Sheff Wed game. Something happened between then and Luton at home.
  • Options
    I thought Brexit was to blame for everything?

It's an ongoing list of blame and everyone has to take their share of it. Owners, management and players. I'm a fan of Bowyer and even if we go down he should stay, but he still has to take some of the blame because of decisions he has made in what I believe have been his mistakes in team selection. 

Yes ESI have done far to much loud shouting without backing it up. But it's been a very short time and as many CAFC fans were happy to "lets wait until the summer/transfer window " ad nauseum under Roland, it's a bit difficult to then condemn ESI at this early stage.

Ultimately this situation all stems from RD's mismanagement and it's going to take time to rectify. If things don't improve after a bit, then it's time to move all the blame over to ESI and/or the manager.
  • Options
    Coronavirus And Worldwide Recession: Abu Dhabi pulls investment due to slowing down overseas investment. ESI walk. Club back to RD. 
  • Options
    My dad , should never have taken me as a wide eyed innocent , to Charlton as my first ever football match , in 1968 , didn't even bloody win then either
    My first game was 1968! What could have been had he taken me somewhere else. Could be worse could have been Selhurst Park