Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Results for Charlton This Weekend

Apart from a must win vs Boro for us, there are a number of bottom of the table clashes this weekend. I can't decide if it is better for the teams closest to us to lose or bury others further? so yea draws are good but if teams are winning, which would be better?

Stoke vs Hull  - Stoke are behind us in the bottom three but in my opinion have the better players out of the two. maybe piling the misery on Hull, especially as we play them soon and only have two point on us could be better in the long run?

Wigan vs Luton - I don't see Luton getting out of this, so turning over this in form Wigan side could possibly help us in a scrap later. Luton are only 5 point behind but do we feel they make it?

the others (Barnsley, Huddersfield and even Reading) I hope get pumped.

Comments

• Yeah I'd prefer to see Charlton | Stoke | Luton wins... they would certainly be best case scenario
  • edited March 2020
    Still 10 games left- plenty to play for. 0-0 draws in both gives us the best chance. If I was forced to pick then I think Stoke and Wigan are most likely to pick up the points needed anyway. So those two to win.
  • A Charlton win
  • if Hull loose I suppose there is the possibility that their manager will go and then we shall get the dreaded new manager bounce, perhaps a draw there would be best
  • I'd prefer Wigan and Luton to draw. Wigan are on a great run, but that can easily turn so I don't want them to get safe yet

Stoke ought to be safe, but again I don't want it to be too easy as they have a lot of 6 pointers coming up, which could make things interesting
  • A Charlton win
    Yep. Whilst it is in our own hands I don’t think we should worry about what other teams are doing (unless we are playing them that day). Drop in to the bottom 3 and it’s a different matter. 
  • Draws for other teams around us.
    No second guessing.
  • Just seen Middlesbrough’s run in . Must be the easiest of all the teams involved.
  • Forest v 'Wall - h
    brizzle v cottagers - meh
    barnsley v cardiff - a
    brum v royals - meh, h?
    brentford v wednesday - meh
    us v boro - h by a cricket score with 3 smoggies sent off or crocked
    dirty leeds v terriers h by a cricket score with 3 terriers sent off or crocked
    preston v qpr - h
    stoke v hull - goalless draw with 3 each sent off or crocked
    swansea v west brom - h don't want Leeds to be within reach of WBA at the end of the season
    wigan v luton - goalless draw with 3 each sent off or crocked or luton 1 goal win with many dismissals
    derby v rovers - meh

which would see us up to 17th 4pts clear of boro, not yet out of the woods

Satan more likely to be worrying about frostbite while watching a murmuration of babirusa
  • Many here not really wanting to muse around the better winner in the two other key fixtures....
  • Sponsored links:

• If both teams are around us then probably a draw as that means a point dropped. 
  • Unless we win our games nothing else really matters
  • Looking at each side’s remaining fixtures, I think it will go to the wire, but Luton, Barnsley and Hull to go down, us and Middlesbrough surviving by the skin of our teeth. So, Stoke and Wigan wins please alongside us bagging a much needed 3 points.
  • edited March 2020
    Charlton 9 Boro 0 with Boro’s best four players sent off for violent conduct (without causing any injuries)
    The rest - just lots of their best players sent off 
  • CAFC, Luton and Stoke wins .. I reckon Stoke will pull away out of the deadzone anyway,  Hull will nosedive into the lost 3 before the end of the season, and a loss will make them more vulnerable and nervous for when we play them next week .. Luton are already gone (I hope) and there is a need to keep Wigan down near the bottom .. our game ? .. obvious that we need a WIN WIN WIN