Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Statbank: Huddersfield 4-0 Charlton

many thanks to the 34Lifers game their marks, anyone who knows the official attendance please let me know

Comments

• Options
    Never a good sign when the MoM is below 6.5, though not as bad as Stoke where Dillon got it with 5.65!
  • Options
    One of Naby's two season records has fallen. The right one, at least. Or should that be wrong one? 
  • Options
    3.46 is shocking but if anything he's been over marked.
  • Options

McGeady's clearly not match ready. I still clearly remember him terrorising us at The Valley last year, and potentially he's a very good player. So, has injury meant he'll never recover his form, has has age caught up with him, or will three or four matches help him recapture his sharpness? That'll be a test for Bowyer, who you would think would be desperate to get the best out of him. Also, I can't imagine he'll put up with his lackadaisical approach to defensive duties for long.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    JamesSeed said:

McGeady's clearly not match ready. I still clearly remember him terrorising us at The Valley last year, and potentially he's a very good player. So, has injury meant he'll never recover his form, has has age caught up with him, or will three or four matches help him recapture his sharpness? That'll be a test for Bowyer, who you would think would be desperate to get the best out of him. Also, I can't imagine he'll put up with his lackadaisical approach to defensive duties for long.
    I put them on the rumours thread but the things I heard from a well informed Sunderland fan before we were even linked with him didnt make for great reading. Apparent attitude to training, fitness and managers.

Add that to the plainly visible complete lack of workrate and even the basic desire to track his man (the most basic of tasks for a footballer) then its a no from me. Luxury player we cant afford. Frankly I was surprised Bow went for him given his emphasis on the right characters etc. Can see him not making the squad by the end of the season.
  • Options
    Actually Naby vs Millwall wasn't the lowest. Purrington and presumably Ledley vs Boro were lower 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I put them on the rumours thread but the things I heard from a well informed Sunderland fan before we were even linked with him didnt make for great reading. Apparent attitude to training, fitness and managers.

Add that to the plainly visible complete lack of workrate and even the basic desire to track his man (the most basic of tasks for a footballer) then its a no from me. Luxury player we cant afford. Frankly I was surprised Bow went for him given his emphasis on the right characters etc. Can see him not making the squad by the end of the season.
    My Sunderland mate said similar.  
    Bowyer loves a challenge, and I’m sure would love to turn him into a more hard working midfielder. 

• Options
    McGeady's initial falling out at Sunderland was allegedly because other players weren't trying hard enough and he wasn't afraid to state his feelings.

I'd be surprised if hard work was the problem.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    McGeady's initial falling out at Sunderland was allegedly because other players weren't trying hard enough and he wasn't afraid to state his feelings.

I'd be surprised if hard work was the problem.
    According to my mate the falling out was because they went ‘long ball’ and McGeady wasn’t having it. He says McGeady ‘can’t, or won’t, defend’.