Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff City away [21/3/20] match tickets to go on sale

13»

Comments

• Might have missed this but has anyone been able to return their Cardiff or Hull tickets?
    I'm sure I read on cafc website that they wasn't refunding until matches have been rearranged.
    Bit out of order if you're desperate for the money I think.
  • Might have missed this but has anyone been able to return their Cardiff or Hull tickets?

Tickets already purchased for the postponed fixtures will remain valid for the rescheduled dates. This includes official club travel tickets for the away fixtures. 

Supporters who have purchased a match ticket and are unable to attend the rearranged date will be eligible for a refund. Please note any refunds must be claimed no later than seven days after the announcement of the new date. Match ticket refunds will begin to be processed once the rearranged dates have been confirmed. The club will email ticket purchasers once the rearranged dates have been confirmed. 

We appreciate the patience and understanding of supporters at this time.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e73ae7b7c3f0/tickets-update-on-postponed-fixtures-in-april

• I don't understand why they cannot refund for last Saturday and tomorrows matches right now.

The earliest new dates will be made will be May and probably not until July. I've got £156 tied up in tickets that I cannot use.
  • What if the matches are never re-arranged? Seems unfair not to offer refunds now given that the match is definitely not happening at the scheduled time rather than you having to wait until some undefined point in the future.

We were still going to go to Cardiff and tour the local drinking establishments but have made the decision that that’s not a good idea in the current climate. 

Also in the predicament that I can’t get a refund for our trains (£200!) and can only change them to some random date in the future 
  • se9addick said:
    What if the matches are never re-arranged? Seems unfair not to offer refunds now given that the match is definitely not happening at the scheduled time rather than you having to wait until some undefined point in the future.

We were still going to go to Cardiff and tour the local drinking establishments but have made the decision that that’s not a good idea in the current climate. 

Also in the predicament that I can’t get a refund for our trains (£200!) and can only change them to some random date in the future 
    Yes, it feels a bit pointless rearranging the train tickets to some weekend in the future when I've no idea when I'll want to go to Cardiff then anyway!
  • se9addick said:
    What if the matches are never re-arranged? Seems unfair not to offer refunds now given that the match is definitely not happening at the scheduled time rather than you having to wait until some undefined point in the future.

I was going to do Chorley v Fylde tomorrow.

You can have my tickets for nothing if you like. 

• Addickted said:
    I don't understand why they cannot refund for last Saturday and tomorrows matches right now.

The earliest new dates will be made will be May and probably not until July. I've got £156 tied up in tickets that I cannot use.
    I suspect they are using the cash towards meeting the payroll. It’s a very odd thing to do otherwise. And probably unlawful regardless.
  • Addickted said:
    I don't understand why they cannot refund for last Saturday and tomorrows matches right now.

I suspect they are using the cash towards meeting the payroll. It’s a very odd thing to do otherwise. And probably unlawful regardless.
    Some theatres are doing similar, it's obviously about the cash.
    If they have no gate income they most certainly don't want to make their cash flow worse by refunding.
  • I think thanking the supporters for their patience "at this time" is a bit rich.  CAFC supporters have been putting up with utter shit for years.
  • edited March 2020
    Addickted said:

If they have no gate income they most certainly don't want to make their cash flow worse by refunding.
    Difference being that theatre ticket money belongs to the theatre. Away ticket money belongs to the host club. And I highly doubt you can invent new terms and conditions after you’ve sold something. 

What is the seven-day restriction other than an attempt to cheat people out of their right to a refund? It’s sharp practice.
  • Sponsored links:

• this is all very annoying, BUT it's not a unique situation .. games are called off for bad weather, because of tv coverage .. ticket refunds follow the same pattern. .. if you can't make the new date, then you get your cash back, if you can make the new date, the ticket is valid .. lots of us are out of pocket through this .. we'll all get over it
  • Addickted said:

Difference being that theatre ticket money belongs to the theatre. Away ticket money belongs to the host club. And I highly doubt you can invent new terms and conditions after you’ve sold something. 

What is the seven-day restriction other than an attempt to cheat people out of their right to a refund? It’s sharp practice.
    I give Charlton money to buy an away ticket, when does this money get sent to the other club?
  • Addickted said:

I give Charlton money to buy an away ticket, when does this money get sent to the other club?
    After the event.
  • this is all very annoying, BUT it's not a unique situation .. games are called off for bad weather, because of tv coverage .. ticket refunds follow the same pattern. .. if you can't make the new date, then you get your cash back, if you can make the new date, the ticket is valid .. lots of us are out of pocket through this .. we'll all get over it
    I think the point is that you are entitled to a refund when you want it, not when the club decides it will give you one. This is not how the club has handled refunds in the past.
    I think the point is that you are entitled to a refund when you want it, not when the club decides it will give you one. This is not how the club has handled refunds in the past.
    this is all very annoying, BUT it's not a unique situation .. games are called off for bad weather, because of tv coverage .. ticket refunds follow the same pattern. .. if you can't make the new date, then you get your cash back, if you can make the new date, the ticket is valid .. lots of us are out of pocket through this .. we'll all get over it

in these times when the CAFC admin staff might well be put on short working hours or laid off, I for one am prepared to give a bit of leeway as to when/if I get a refund .. if the cash is going towards paying Shi*all's rent and car lease, that thought annoys me .. BUT as above, I can live with it during these strange times when me being a few quid out of pocket for a while MIGHT well be helping out elsewhere
  • Some of the trains have now been cancelled and if you had an advance ticket you may now be able to claim a full refund.
    My outbound is still scheduled, but the return has been cancelled, so we can claim full refunds for the cancelled return journey.
    https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/refunds-and-compensation/unused-ticket-refunds
  • Just arrived in the Travelodge next door.  What the fuck is happening it's fucking dead round here!
  • edited March 2020
    this is all very annoying, BUT it's not a unique situation .. games are called off for bad weather, because of tv coverage .. ticket refunds follow the same pattern. .. if you can't make the new date, then you get your cash back, if you can make the new date, the ticket is valid .. lots of us are out of pocket through this .. we'll all get over it

in these times when the CAFC admin staff might well be put on short working hours or laid off, I for one am prepared to give a bit of leeway as to when/if I get a refund .. if the cash is going towards paying Shi*all's rent and car lease, that thought annoys me .. BUT as above, I can live with it during these strange times when me being a few quid out of pocket for a while MIGHT well be helping out elsewhere
    Every penny you pay for the next two years will, in some part, be paying “Shi*all's rent”.

Not giving refunds on tickets for matches that are no longer going to take place on the time/date advertised is not some sort of solidarity payment to impacted junior staff.