Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How many points will we get in March ?

2»

Comments

Win all 4 and the EFL give us a bonus for being lovable south east London scamps.
  • Charlton 1-0 Middlesbrough
    Hull 3-2 Charlton
    Charlton 2-2 QPR
    Cardiff 2-1 Charlton

• QPR are the hardest fixture there.

We should be looking for 3 points against hull or middlesbrough

Charlton 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

Hull 0 - 2 Charlton 

Charlton 0 - 2 QPR 

Cardiff 1 - 0 Charlton 0
  • edited March 2020
  • Shit. Just realised the QPR game (which was 3 of my 4 points) is midweek......and we haven't won a home midweek game in years.

Sod it.  Still say 4. And in the immortal words of Vera Lynn....."don't know where, dont know when...."

• Sponsored links:

• Our away form is the concern for me... Win the home games for me and we'll be fine with a few extra points here and there

Gonna go for seven points:

Wins: Middlesbrough | Queens Park Rangers
    Draw: Hull City
    Defeat: Cardiff City
    Being optimistic, I'll go with this ^^

5, leaving us in or around the bottom 3

Win: Boro
    Draws: Hull, QPR
    Defeat: Cardiff

Realistic? I'll go along with this ^^

Knowing us, we'll pick up a good battling point at Cardiff but have our colours lowered in the other three ... only one point in March will leave us well and truly in the brown stuff.
  • QPR are the hardest fixture there.

We should be looking for 3 points against hull or middlesbrough

Charlton 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

Hull 0 - 2 Charlton 

Charlton 0 - 2 QPR 

Cardiff 1 - 0 Charlton 0
    We should be looking for 3 points against Hull AND Middlesbrough.

Whether we get them is another matter but that should be the approach.
  • Bowyer will get the reaction and will also go with men, we won’t see Lapslie or Doughty for a game or two. It’s time for the senior players and leaders to come to the table and not rely on just Taylor.

A good month but we lose just before the international break where a handful of players go away, making us even more worried about the Millwall game at the beginning of next month.

Middlesbrough (h) - Win - with us behind the players and a reaction being needed, plus their away form is worse than ours. 3 points.

Hull (a) - Win - they’ll lose on Saturday to Stoke and their home form is easily the worst in the league, even with our poor away form. Should’ve beaten them at The Valley but for a late equaliser. They don’t have Bowen anymore. Football is mad, and we pick up our first back to back wins since August. 3 points.

QPR (h) - Draw - open game where their players like Eze and Osayi-Samuel will cause us problems. But again our home form is going to be so important. 1 point.

Cardiff (a) - Lose - extremely tough place to go. Just when we think we have pulled ourselves ever so slightly away, this is one step too far, making us fear our next fixture even more. 0 points.

7 points in 4 games leaving us in 19th and needing about another 6-8 points in our remaining 6.
  • 4 if we're really lucky.
  • Middlesbrough (h) - WIN
    Hull (a) - DRAW
    QPR (h) - DRAW
    Cardiff (a) - LOSE

5 points.
  • Shit. Just realised the QPR game (which was 3 of my 4 points) is midweek......and we haven't won a home midweek game in years.

Sod it.  Still say 4. And in the immortal words of Vera Lynn....."don't know where, dont know when...."

March v Burton.

Unless you count Christmas games in this, in which case it was Bristol City on a thursday (Boxing day)
  • Going for wildly optimistic 9-10
    Win both home
    win Hull
    draw Cardiff
    Not going to happen, but I can dream 
  • Could Cardiff be our first game of the season when the opposition have nothing to play for? 
  • Between 0 and 4. 
  • I can see 4 points realistically, but if we aren't playing like amateurs maybe 5. 

Middlesbrough (h) 3
    Hull (a) 0 maybe 1
    QPR (h) 1
    Cardiff (a) 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesbrough (h) - D
    Hull (a) - D

QPR (h) - L
    Cardiff (a) - L 

Firmly in the bottom three by end of the month.

Two away games there, I think giving a point for those will be generous considering the  negative tactics we seem to adopt away from home.

Definitely Mr Negative at the moment, not afraid to admit it.

• edited March 2020
    Middlesbrough - 3
    Hull - 1
    QPR - 0
    Cardiff - 1

so for me a very hopeful  5 
  • One win, two draws, so 5. 
  • Going for six. Two wins and two defeats to keep our heads just above water with safety in sight