Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Butterfly in my lounge.

For the last six weeks or so a charming butterfly has been living in my lounge.
It’s of the Red Admiral variety, although there are several different types and wing colouration, so I don’t know which one it is?
When the heating is off it settles down behind the curtains, wings clasped tightly together, comatose. I have gently picked it up on a couple of occasions, each time thinking it was dead.
As soon as I put the heating on and it gets up around 67 degrees up it pops again and spends the day fluttering around between lengthy bouts of resting.
It is trying desperately to get out but of course I won’t open the window and let it go as it would be dead within 24 hours.
In a funny way I have become quite attached to it, as has Zuben (my adorable English Bull Terrier), who spends many more hours than me watching it from a comfortable distance floating about and generally living out each day as it comes.
It’s amazing how it’s lived so long with no greenery or water for any type of sustenance, in fact completely out of its comfort zone.
It won’t live for ever and strangely I’m going to miss it when it eventually gives up the ghost.
Haven’t got a name for it though......any ideas, bearing in mind I don’t know if it’s male or female? 

Comments