Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket Touts

Just a quick question regarding getting tickets for big games in the UK.

We are coming back from Aussie for a couple of weeks, and sadly my little lad has developed something of an obsession with Man City - don't ask!

Anyhow just as bad luck would have it, the only home game they have when we come back is Liverpool at home, which looks like it has pretty much sold out.

Obviously getting tickets through the traditional routes have drawn a blank, so my question is do ticket touts still hang around outside the ground for big games?

If not are there are any reputable websites where you can source tickets for big footie games?

Comments

• Options
    Try stub hub. They are just pretty much touts anyway  
  • Options
    I would imagine a pair of tickets would cost in the region of £500.
    Register on a City messageboard, you may get success that way.
  • Options
    If you don’t get tickets for the game, you could always do the stadium tour of the Etihad. Nowhere near the same as watching a game obviously, but at least he will get to see the ground, dressing room and get pitch side. They probably still have the cups they won last season so you could probably get photos with them.  

.....Or you could ruin his life and take him to watch Charlton.  This is the option I would take personally. 
  • Options
    Not football for a fiver I know, but you could still treat your little lad.

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/manchester-city-tickets-manchester-city-manchester-etihad-stadium-4-4-2020/event/104185107/?cb=1&byo_qty=2&ticketRank=8&ticket_id=1498264165&tktbkt=4&byo=1&sort=price+asc

Though at £1,974.38 a ticket you don't actually get to take your luxury padded seat home with you after the match.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Addickted said:
    Not football for a fiver I know, but you could still treat your little lad.

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/manchester-city-tickets-manchester-city-manchester-etihad-stadium-4-4-2020/event/104185107/?cb=1&byo_qty=2&ticketRank=8&ticket_id=1498264165&tktbkt=4&byo=1&sort=price+asc

Though at £1,974.38 a ticket you don't actually get to take your luxury padded seat home with you after the match.
    It’s his Sons dream to watch Man City - the poor boy shouldn’t have to suffer the cheap seats. 
  • Options
    Tell him that you shouldn't just pick a big side to support. Supporting a football club should be about suffering and sacrifice.
  • Options
    Man City website says tickets available, probably because it’s been moved to the Sunday afternoon for tv
  • Options
    Tell him that you shouldn't just pick a big side to support. Supporting a football club should be about suffering and sacrifice.
    The lack of European football will soon put him off. 
  • Options
    Won't ask but just a mention for 'parenting skills'. If he's your lad, custom would be he follows your team.  Growing pains and temporary peer influences aside there is no escape. The are no 'big games' because every game matters but some more than others. If my dad had got me a ticket for a premiership/first division game as a youngster I would have been very suspicious. You are taking substantial risks here in my humble opinion Brown bear.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the responses - what a kind bunch you all are!

Unfortunately my son's formative years have been spent with us mostly in Div One, whilst Man City rode the highest of highs in the PL and Europe.

He has been showing more of an interest since I came home last May for the PO Final, and hopefully that will continue when him and his sister come to the Reading game on Easter Monday.

Will try the Man City website again, though think a tour of the ground and a new shirt may be cheaper than the Stubhub option!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stubhub is a perfectly viable option. Used it several times for Arsenal games before I got my own membership with them.

fully covered if for whatever reason you don’t get the ticket through. I’ve used them 5-6 times and never had a problem, the only problem is inflated prices but that is to be expected. 
  • Options
    Take him to The Valley and tell him that Citeh have started playing in red.
  • Options
    This is criminal. You should lock him in a small room for a few days on only bread (stale) and water until he sees some sense  and wants to watch Charlton take on QPR at the valley in front of 13,000
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Well, The Valley is in fact closer to Oz than The Etihad.....therefore you can justifiably call The Addicks as your local team compared to Citeh. B)
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the responses - what a kind bunch you all are!

Unfortunately my son's formative years have been spent with us mostly in Div One, whilst Man City rode the highest of highs in the PL and Europe.

He has been showing more of an interest since I came home last May for the PO Final, and hopefully that will continue when him and his sister come to the Reading game on Easter Monday.

Will try the Man City website again, though think a tour of the ground and a new shirt may be cheaper than the Stubhub option!
    The tour is good - worth doing. I did it 10 years ago. I had the same problem as you. One of my sons (he was 8 at the time) had an unhealthy obsession with Manchester United, I took him up one Saturday to see Old Trafford and do the stadium tour there and tied the Man City one in as well. Fast forward 10 years and he is Charlton through and through. He realised supporting Charlton was the way to go and he never misses a home game now and has also got the away day bug. 
  • Options
    What really pisses me off is going in the nearest Sports Direct to the ground and them not selling Charlton shirts. Not that I would buy one from them but it tells a story. Proud to say, my 19 year son is a Charlton fan and has always been.
  • Options
    This is criminal. You should lock him in a small room for a few days on only bread (stale) and water until he sees some sense  and wants to watch Charlton take on QPR at the valley in front of 13,000
    A cruel and unusual punishment.

and the small room with bread and water is not much better
  • Options
    Check out ukbreakaways.com for a hotel and match package.