Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gossipmongers

Comments

• I am in bits listening to these.
  • Denmark Hill got me
  • Fucking Barbara 
  • Love this podcast. The space worm and Denmark Hill stories. both had to make me pause it while listening on the tube, I was getting some very strange looks. 
  • thanks for this thread. I'd never heard of this but have binge listened at work the last 2 days and have now nearly done the lot. so, so funny; space worm was incredible
  • The ring stealing botty 
    I was convinced that was going to turn into the old playground joke with the punchline 'that's not a ring, that's my watch'

• Excellent recommendation.

Havent listened to all the 2nd series yet  but wont be listening again on public transport as i genuinely laugh out loud too many times and get crappy looks off people at 7 in the morning.

Type 2 penis, stoshty, Denmark Hill, flying knob kid who does the long jump, girl with the kidneys, all had me cracking up.

Look forward to the space worm episode tomorrow

• edited February 2020
    My fear is my headphones coming out and the puerile filth emanating  from my phone heard across the packed train. 

Mothers diving to cover children's ears, pensioners writhing in disgust and shocked office workers just shaking their heads and tutting as I fumble to get them plugged back in again.

Only a matter of time.
  • I almost forgot, on the same episode as space worm was the man with the rugby ball that had me crying with laughter as well. Any other episode that wins 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    Laughed at the bird boy one, even though I hoped it wasn't true!
  • Carter said:
    I almost forgot, on the same episode as space worm was the man with the rugby ball that had me crying with laughter as well. Any other episode that wins 

"Hand to gland combat"
  • Carter said:
    I almost forgot, on the same episode as space worm was the man with the rugby ball that had me crying with laughter as well. Any other episode that wins 
    1980s BP Clive!  Brilliant.

Wasn't that fussed by Space Worm, was basically "bloke has a trip".  

For all the weird and wonderful ones on there, the one where the bloke shits himself in bed, but takes it out if his own pants and puts it in his one night stand's knickers is so simple but so funny.
  • The Nintendo Gang one is my favourite
  • Carter said:
    Fucking Barbara 
    Why didn't you take your shit home with you?!
  • George on the toilet... no, too grim.

Some do make me really laugh though, bit embarrassing on the train. Len and Scottish widow probably been my fave so far.  And the ring stealing... 
  • Carter said:
    1980s BP Clive?
  • Carter said:
    1980s BP Clive!  Brilliant.

Wasn't that fussed by Space Worm, was basically "bloke has a trip".  

For all the weird and wonderful ones on there, the one where the bloke shits himself in bed, but takes it out if his own pants and puts it in his one night stand's knickers is so simple but so funny.
    Agree on the space worm one.

Funniest for me was the swingers cruise ship one, absolutely brilliant
  • Curb_It said:
    George on the toilet... no, too grim.

Some do make me really laugh though, bit embarrassing on the train. Len and Scottish widow probably been my fave so far.  And the ring stealing... 
    Len is deffo my favourite too. The bit where they found the extra head in the carrier bag with a post it note saying “Spare” on it proper done me. 

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who has to occasionally turn it off when in public to avoid the embarrassment of solo laughing. 
  • I only listen when driving on my own, anywhere else someone will distract me or I'll look insane pissing myself with laughter wearing headphones 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had the one with the teacher who always sat down, and the rumour spread that his leg was permanently twisted round the chair. That's my idea of proper gossip
  • Carter said:
    I only listen when driving on my own, anywhere else someone will distract me or I'll look insane pissing myself with laughter wearing headphones 
    I've seen 2 different people on trains in recent weeks with headphones on in stitches and thought they are defo listening to this podcast.
  • McBobbin said:
    Just had the one with the teacher who always sat down, and the rumour spread that his leg was permanently twisted round the chair. That's my idea of proper gossip
    and all the rumors that followed like the bionic leg and his mate seeing him coming out the bookies still on the chair!
  • Having said I thought Space Worm was overrated, listened to the Christmas special interview with the guy involved today on the train - superb.

Great sport the bloke too.
  • So I’ve been listening to this. I’m not usually one for podcasts as get too distracted by other thoughts or general nosy ness on my commute. I wouldn’t say it’s as hilarious as made out, but I would say I laugh more at them laughing than the actual gossip. The robot thing annoys me and I try to skip it as I do the advert. The celeb gossip is usually rubbish. The space worm one which I listened to today pricked my interest based on this thread but was mainly funny due to their hysterics whilst telling the story. 
  • So I’ve been listening to this. I’m not usually one for podcasts as get too distracted by other thoughts or general nosy ness on my commute. I wouldn’t say it’s as hilarious as made out, but I would say I laugh more at them laughing than the actual gossip. The robot thing annoys me and I try to skip it as I do the advert. The celeb gossip is usually rubbish. The space worm one which I listened to today pricked my interest based on this thread but was mainly funny due to their hysterics whilst telling the story. 
     I don’t think Joe Wilkinson is a particularly good story teller. And he tends to laugh uncontrollably at nearly every story regardless of whether it’s funny or not.

There are some crackers on there though.
  • Just listened to the best of 2019 - been laughing for an hour. Their laughter is what does it and the ridiculousness of the stories.
  • oh, I lost it whilst walking down the road this morning listening to 'Denmark Hill'. 

I'm in.  (still don't like the robot/filler bits)
  • I don't like that bit either Suzi, unnecessary.