Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona Allowed to Sign Player Outside Transfer Window

2»

Comments

• Options
    F-ing amazing! Not even an attempt to pretend there's no big club bias. 
    BUT THERE IS NOT.

IT IS A RULE FOR EVERY SPANISH CLUB FFS
    Why do I find this so funny?

funny or unnecessary? he replied to the original post then to this one after when the OP was the first to respond so clearly wouldn't have known.
  • Options
    BUT THERE IS NOT.

Why do I find this so funny?

funny or unnecessary? he replied to the original post then to this one after when the OP was the first to respond so clearly wouldn't have known.
    Probably why I found it funny tbh
  • Options
    strange that he's getting so defensive about Barcelona, a team that wear red and blue, historically red and blue stripes...

Paulie is a secret Nigel! 
  • Options
    It would work fine if it wasn't for the fact they have buy out clauses too, meaning the selling club has no choice in the matter.

Think it would work ok over here, the players who clubs would agree to sell would be ones who weren't playing much and who weren't in direct competition for relegation etc.
  • Options
    BUT THERE IS NOT.

Alright - calm down. Never misunderstood something? I read this:

"Imagine allowing this in England? A massive club has some injuries and therefore, rather than promote from the one of the most prestigious academies in the world, applying for a ruling specifically allowing a poach from a struggling side in the same league!!"

and jumped to the wrong conclusion. 
  • Options
    What is UEFA's view?

I thought that the transfer window was regulated by them which is why the EFL Emergency Loans ceased. 
  • Options
    BUT THERE IS NOT.

"Imagine allowing this in England? A massive club has some injuries and therefore, rather than promote from the one of the most prestigious academies in the world, applying for a ruling specifically allowing a poach from a struggling side in the same league!!"

KEEP UP FFS!
  • Options
    BUT THERE IS NOT.

KEEP UP FFS!

• Options
    Imagine if Real Madrid activated the buyout clause for a Barcelona player - say Luis Figo....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was reading this the other day

La Liga has a rule that if a player is out for 5 months or more, they can be replaced outside of the window by another la Liga player or any free agent. Believe the injured party cannot play before the 5 months is up, so no sudden miracle recovery

This is a rule for all La Liga clubs

Given our injury record, would be ideal if we could have done this.
    None of our players have been out for that long this season, other than Page i suppose haha
    Kayal Leko Field 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would work fine if it wasn't for the fact they have buy out clauses too, meaning the selling club has no choice in the matter.

Think it would work ok over here, the players who clubs would agree to sell would be ones who weren't playing much and who weren't in direct competition for relegation etc.
    It's a La liga ruling that every player has to have a buyout clause in his contract.

That's why PSG were able to get Neymar. He had a really high buy out that Barca thought no club would dream of matching........then PSG did and off he went.
  • Options

It's a La liga ruling that every player has to have a buyout clause in his contract.

That's why PSG were able to get Neymar. He had a really high buy out that Barca thought no club would dream of matching........then PSG did and off he went.
    I know, and I think it's that fact that makes this rule a bit of a farce, as teams can lose a player against their will with no chance of replacing the player themselves.
  • Options
    All true, but still favours rich clubs, as the smaller ones won't be able to meet the buy out clause. In this case, Leganes will lose an important player with option to replace him. I assume the Spanish are happy with this, but I doubt Leganes are  and it seems odd they have a different transfer law to the rest of UEFA.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Was reading this the other day

La Liga has a rule that if a player is out for 5 months or more, they can be replaced outside of the window by another la Liga player or any free agent. Believe the injured party cannot play before the 5 months is up, so no sudden miracle recovery

This is a rule for all La Liga clubs

Given our injury record, would be ideal if we could have done this.
    None of our players have been out for that long this season, other than Page i suppose haha
    Kayal Leko Field 
    None of which are actually are players and could easily be sent back in jan and replaced 
  • Options
    If Barca can trigger this rule because of a long term injury, surely Leganes should be allowed to trigger it for losing someone permanently outside the window?
  • Options
    Probably not many Boro fans thinking he'd end up at Barca. 
    A year or so ago he was playing Tony Pulis's silky football, now forced to play Barcelona hoofball  :)
  • Options
    If Barca can trigger this rule because of a long term injury, surely Leganes should be allowed to trigger it for losing someone permanently outside the window?
    Apparently not and that's what the fuss is about.

Barca can sign someone because their need is down to an injury. Leganes can't because their need is down to selling a player.

I get it in a way because you have to draw the line somewhere and if Leganes were allowed to sign a player, then the club they got him from need a new player and so on.

It's a stupid rule regardless anyway, Barca (and any other Spanish club it happens to) should just be forced to use a player from their B team.
  • Options
    I weary of hearing Barça and the Catalan press gloating about how great their youth set up is. Yet one injury and they're raiding smaller clubs and taking their players. I hope they win fuck all this season  but that's my feeling every year. It's time Dpain removed that silly law.