Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

August 2020 transfer window wish list.

Who, out of the first team squad, do you want to see the back of, which loans do you want to keep, and who do you want to see arrive before next season.  You have to be realistic with your budget, so no Messi, etc.

I'll start.

Leave:
Amos, if Maynard-Brewer is good enough.
Solly - sorry, Chris, but I just don't think you've got it at this level anymore.
Pearce
Page
Pratley - he's been great this year, is my PoTY so far, but I think next year will be just one season too much.
JFC
Hemed

Loans to keep:
Cullen
Green
Maybe McGeady for a year but not seen enough of him to decide.

New contracts for Lyle, Matthews and Sarr.  Take up the option on Williams.  Maybe a new contract for Davison, he's certainly shown willing so far.  Extended contracts for anyone who's contract expires at the end of next season who we think is good enough, e.g. Bonne, Lockyer, 

Arrive:
1 x right back unless we think Oshilaja is good cover for Matthews there.
1 x left back
2 x central defenders
1 or 2 x central midfielders
1 x striker, 2 if Lyle leaves.

However, I don't keep up to date with other sides players and there availability, other than Toney at Posh, so I've no idea who we could get for those positions.

Comments

• first priority .. MONEY MONEY MONEY to spend on players
  • Who, out of the first team squad, do you want to see the back of, which loans do you want to keep, and who do you want to see arrive before next season.  You have to be realistic with your budget, so no Messi, etc.

I'll start.

Leave:
    Solly - sorry, Chris, but I just don't think you've got it at this level anymore.
    Pearce
    Page
    Pratley - he's been great this year, is my PoTY so far, but I think next year will be just one season to much.
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

New contracts for Lyle, Matthews and Sarr.  Take up the option on Williams.  Maybe a new contract for Davison, he's certainly shown willing so far.  Extended contracts for anyone who's contract expires at the end of next season who we think is good enough, e.g. Bonne, Lockyer, 

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

However, I don't keep up to date with other sides players and there availability, other than Toney at Posh, so I've no idea who we could get for those positions.
    That squad would be incredibly small. If we're going to get rid of all those we need a lot more than 1 or 2 CM's!
  • Including loans you want to get rid of 10 players.

But you only want to sign 6-7 replacements?
  • Only players i'd 100% get rid of are Page (always injured), Pearce (not good enough) and Hemed (wages).

JFC needs to prove his fitness.

I'd definitely sign 2 new centre backs, a new first choice left back and another striker. Cullen/Green would be decent signings. Too early to say on Davis, McGeady and Smith.

If West brom go up i'd like us to get Field and Leko back on loan.
  • I'd like something like this:

Phillips, Amos

Matthews, NEW (or a CB that can play RB like Deji)
    Purrington, NEW
    Lockyer, Deji, Sarr and NEW

Midfield is the big one, would keep JFC alongside Pratley. Definitely need at least 4 more and I hope one of them is Cullen. 

Attacking midfield would keep Williams and Oztumer. 

Up top I would obviously keep Taylor and Bonne. 

So arrivals - 3 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers. Lapslie and Doughty on top for a 24 man squad. 

Not sure on the loans, obviously want Cullen, but not sure on any of the others. 
  • Who, out of the first team squad, do you want to see the back of, which loans do you want to keep, and who do you want to see arrive before next season.  You have to be realistic with your budget, so no Messi, etc.

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    Pratley - he's been great this year, is my PoTY so far, but I think next year will be just one season to much.
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

Lot to agree with in your assessment .. 
    BUT .. I'd definitely keep Pratley and out Williams .. 
    I know there is a love thing on here for Jonny but he is far too injury prone to build a team around ..
     McGeady, keep, wages allowing still a VERY effective player at this level
     .. Solly .. Like to see him retained on the coaching side, possibly at the Academy.
    Cullen and Green are problematic and I suspect both will be keen to forge a career at their parent club, especially, ironically if either/both West H or Villa are relegated

INS? .. No real idea on names a t m, we need players in every part of the team .. I'd be happy with experienced Champ players or one or two from the lower leagues.

Don't forget we have had a good 'harvest' this season from the youth .. always good to consider them as they are Charlton to the bone and will always give it a right good go 

As I typed above, incomers will depend on the money given to the management to buy players. I will not hold my breath around that being the trillions too many on here expect. I still suspect ESI of being guilty of bombast and bullshit .. we will see  

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

I know there is a love thing on here for Jonny but he is far too injury prone to build a team around ..
     .. Solly .. Like to see him retained on the coaching side, possibly at the Academy.
    Cullen and Green are problematic and I suspect both will be keen to forge a career at their parent club, especially, ironically if either/both West H or Villa are relegated

INS? .. No real idea on names a t m, we need players in every part of the team .. I'd be happy with experienced Champ players or one or two from the lower leagues.

Don't forget we have had a good 'harvest' this season from the youth .. always good to consider them as they are Charlton to the bone and will always give it a right good go 

As I typed above, incomers will depend on the money given to the management to buy players. I will not hold my breath around that being the trillions too many on here expect. I still suspect ESI of being guilty of bombast and bullshit .. we will see  
    Let's wait and see on that, no proof of that yet. 

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

true .. but in the much discussed Bowyer interview after the Sunderland Valley game last season, when asked 'which Sunderland player would you like in your team', without hesitation, Bowyer replied 'McGeady' and then expanded why.

Yes this was the best part of 18 months ago but I'm sure that Bowyer REALLY rates McG and would like to build a team around him.
    (Off topic) one tiny example …. 
     look at the Skysports highlights of Sat'days game .. McG on the wing makes a simple but shrewd little inside pass to Hemed and then runs into position to take a return .. Instead Hemed turns and puts in a pretty tame shot collected by the BBurn keeper .. the point ?
    Hemed was just not on the same wavelength as McG .. 
    McG has the brains, the perception and ability to run our midfield .. IF he were to be the fulcrum of our midfield, we would be a far better team that we are now
  • Sponsored links:

• So long as Matt Southall keeps updating his Instagram and we get regular updates on what country His Excellency is in, I don't care if we sign any new players.  
    hahahahahahhah .. much truth in jest
  • So long as Matt Southall keeps updating his Instagram and we get regular updates on what country His Excellency is in, I don't care if we sign any new players.  
    Probably best to stop following them on social media then bud, because don't see them changing. 

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

true .. but in the much discussed Bowyer interview after the Sunderland Valley game last season, when asked 'which Sunderland player would you like in your team', without hesitation, Bowyer replied 'McGeady' and then expanded why.

Yes this was the best part of 18 months ago but I'm sure that Bowyer REALLY rates McG and would like to build a team around him.
     look at the Skysports highlights of Sat'days game .. McG on the wing makes a simple but shrewd little inside pass to Hemed and then runs into position to take a return .. Instead Hemed turns and puts in a pretty tame shot collected by the BBurn keeper .. the point ?
    McG has the brains, the perception and ability to run our midfield .. IF he were to be the fulcrum of our midfield, we would be a far better team that we are now
    That may be true, but that was in League 1. McGeady is 34 soon, and we will hopefully have some money to make some decent additions. 

I am not saying no, we have the benefit of taking a good look at him over the next few months. 

I did notice what you were referring to regarding Hemed. Have to say I slightly disagree. I don't actually think the run from McGeady was that impressive, I would have expected the majority of our players to do exactly the same. Not sure it's fair to say Hemed wasn't on the same wavelength, he actually looks up and see's him, he's just greedy. 
  • edited February 2020
    Who, out of the first team squad, do you want to see the back of, which loans do you want to keep, and who do you want to see arrive before next season.  You have to be realistic with your budget, so no Messi, etc.

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

That may be true, but that was in League 1. McGeady is 34 soon, and we will hopefully have some money to make some decent additions. 

I am not saying no, we have the benefit of taking a good look at him over the next few months. 

I did notice what you were referring to regarding Hemed. Have to say I slightly disagree. I don't actually think the run from McGeady was that impressive, I would have expected the majority of our players to do exactly the same. Not sure it's fair to say Hemed wasn't on the same wavelength, he actually looks up and see's him, he's just greedy. 
    good points .. and Hemed ?, on reflection I spose he was/is desperate to get off the mark .. as for McG's age, he's younger than both Wayne Rooney e.g. and Darren Pratley .. and he's had a good rest for a lot of this season .. same old story lol .. we will see ((:>)

I'll start.

Leave:
    Pearce
    Page
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green

Arrive:
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders

good points .. and Hemed ?, on reflection I spose he was/is desperate to get off the mark .. as for McG's age, he's younger than both Wayne Rooney e.g. and Darren Pratley .. and he's had a good rest for a lot of this season .. same old story lol .. we will see ((:>)
    Fair point, hope you're right. Definitely don't think you can dispute his technical ability anyway. 
  • Not sports related?
  • Ross said:
    Not sports related?
    Ross said:
    Not sports related?

for what it's worth, sometimes the site doesn't give the relevant topic option .. still, we can all see and understand what it's about
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2020
    iaitch said:
    Quite liked the look of Woodrow, maybe if Barnsley get relegated and we stay up we could get him? Scored 13 goals in a struggling team.
    Woodrow (Barnsley)
    Moore | Lowe (Wigan)
    Mpanzu (Luton)

Are the players Id sign if those three got relegated - Id also see if we can get Izzy Brown from Chelsea as he's showed more promise since going to Luton
  • Depends what division we are in. Wont know until May so probably best to wait until then.
  • Depends what division we are in. Wont know until May so probably best to wait until then.
    We are NOT going down 
  • A team that can get us out of league one , so one that is better than what we currently have 
  • A team that can get us out of league one , so one that is better than what we currently have 
    Someone drunk?
  • New centre back,goal scoring midfielders and two new strikers.
  • What's Dunkley's defensive game like? Wigan like us have not been great at the back, and if we were to get another CB I'd like his defensive game to better than his attacking game. 
  • iaitch said:
    Quite liked the look of Woodrow, maybe if Barnsley get relegated and we stay up we could get him? Scored 13 goals in a struggling team.
    Thought that for a while. He’d be very good.