Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wall want 34,000

Comments

• “Wall”! Turn it in. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Valley11 said:
    Surely tourists can see Neanderthals at the Natural History Museum?

Yes, but not live ones.

I'm surprised Millwall don't get 18,000 every game - 12,000 flat cap wearing neanderthals and 8,000 anthropologists.
    How is your company the biggest bookmaker in the world with maths like that Bob?

Thankfully I'm not a trader!
  • They'll need to drastically improve their image if they want that many fans attending every week - Imagine most Football fans still regard them as one of the worst clubs in terms of hooliganism which'll put them off
  • edited February 2020
    Uboat said:
    Seems like a strange idea. 

Apologies to Big Bad World if that's too angry. 
    You seem a lot calmer after our little chat. That pleases me.

34,000? I can only assume that will be to accommodate the happy clappy premier league fans, very much like all of those you attracted during your stint up there, that have subsequently departed for pastures other, that we will undoubtedly attract.

It'll be for other stuff as well.

Maybe to accommodate a massively loaded club like yourselves when ESI turn out to not really have a pot to piss in and Roland returns to sell the land.
  • Uboat said:

34,000? I can only assume that will be to accommodate the happy clappy premier league fans, very much like all of those you attracted during your stint up there, thatv have subsequently departed for pastures other, that we will undoubtedly attract.

Maybe to accommodate a massively loaded club like yourselves when ESI turn out to not really have a lot to piss in and Roland returns to sell the land.
    Serious question BBW why do you post on a Charlton forum.
    I and probably nearly all Charlton fans would never concider posting on a millwall one.
  • Uboat said:

34,000? I can only assume that will be to accommodate the happy clappy premier league fans, very much like all of those you attracted during your stint up there, thatv have subsequently departed for pastures other, that we will undoubtedly attract.

Maybe to accommodate a massively loaded club like yourselves when ESI turn out to not really have a lot to piss in and Roland returns to sell the land.
    I and probably nearly all Charlton fans would never concider posting on a millwall one.
    6:19am on a Friday no less ...
  • J BLOCK said:
    Uboat said:

Exactly 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Uboat said:

It's great living in a free country, isn't it? You sound like you wish we didn't live in a free country.

Maybe try America for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Change the title of the thread ffs, I can't keep my Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes down. 
  • Thought the New Den (Is it still called that?) looked very tired on tv the other night. 

Wishy washy blue and faded yellow seats.  The pitch threadbare from a bygone era.  A blot on the landscape, when viewed from the train.  The stadium so functional, but toolbox it is, in all but name.

(I didn't intend to write a poem here it's just the way it came out)

Anyway time for a New New Den I think.

• bobmunro said:
    Valley11 said:
    Surely tourists can see Neanderthals at the Natural History Museum?

Yes, but not live ones.

I'm surprised Millwall don't get 18,000 every game - 12,000 flat cap wearing neanderthals and 8,000 anthropologists.
    And one person who can't add up.
  • I love the bit in that article where they say that they want the stadium to reflect the surroundings and history of Millwall! Presumably a permanently empty trophy room is planned.
  • Bizarre really, as they'd only get remotely close to selling out for big cup games and a play off semi final. And that would only be if the away side brought 5-6k fans, but the police rarely want to give away fans more than 2200 tickets in an upper tier.

A side that averages 13k for league games definitely doesn't need a 34k stadium.
  • That’s a lot of knuckle skin left over after each match, I mean, who’s gonna clear it up?
  • Mametz said:
    I love the bit in that article where they say that they want the stadium to reflect the surroundings and history of Millwall! Presumably a permanently empty trophy room is planned.
    Harsh... they'll have the "But we played two games in the UEFA Cup" trophy 
  • Thought the New Den (Is it still called that?) looked very tired on tv the other night. 

Wishy washy blue and faded yellow seats.  The pitch threadbare from a bygone era.  A blot on the landscape, when viewed from the train.  The stadium so functional, but toolbox it is, in all but name.

True, but the seats have hardly been used so must be years of future use left in them
  • Sponsored links:

• Mametz said:
    I love the bit in that article where they say that they want the stadium to reflect the surroundings and history of Millwall! Presumably a permanently empty trophy room is planned.
    So they are planning to build a shit hole. I suspect that they will succeed and win awards from the art world.
    Crowd barriers made of old tyres, floodlights on top of designer Perspex cylinders containing rubbish with electric fans intermittently blowing it up skywards and then allowing it to float majestically down again. Abandoned cars jacked up on rocks used as planters in the car park, cabbages and stinging nettles imaginatively growing through the smashed windows to represent sustainability and being hard. Hidden sprays cascading a perfume of dirt, bad breath and sweat with each spin of the turnstile.
    Reception beautifully picked out in stone cladding against the backdrop of graffiti.
    WELKOME TO  MILLLLLLL beautifully hand painted (and nearly finished) in best blue gloss paint above.
    A cracked glass door nonchalantly hanging from one hinge welcoming one and all, with a beer sticky Lino enticing you to stay. A little puddle of urine in one corner and a smear of blood down the woodchip papered wall.

• Redrobo said:
    Mametz said:
    So they are planning to build a shit hole. I suspect that they will succeed and win awards from the art world.
    Crowd barriers made of old tyres, floodlights on top of designer Perspex cylinders containing rubbish with electric fans intermittently blowing it up skywards and then allowing it to float majestically down again. Abandoned cars jacked up on rocks used as planters in the car park, cabbages and stinging nettles imaginatively growing through the smashed windows to represent sustainability and being hard. Hidden sprays cascading a perfume of dirt, bad breath and sweat with each spin of the turnstile.
    Reception beautifully picked out in stone cladding against the backdrop of graffiti.
    WELKOME TO  MILLLLLLL beautifully hand painted (and nearly finished) in best blue gloss paint above.
    A cracked glass door nonchalantly hanging from one hinge welcoming one and all, with a beer sticky Lino enticing you to stay. A little puddle of urine in one corner and a smear of blood down the woodchip papered wall.

Proper football. 
  • Taking my Millwall hating opinions to one side, it does make sense.

Building a 20k stadium wont save much cash compared to a 35k stadium and it's better to have the spare capacity for the odd big game (yes, us!).

I think the real reason they want to build a new stadium is to make more money from the corporate side. It is close to central london and c an be used for other events too.

The ground was shit when they first built it. I know I am biased, but it was very bland and felt cheap when new. 

They do need to do something to capitalise on the corporate side.

As do we to be honest.
  • It is strange how often the revamped Valley has had gates of well over 20k, and well over the capacity of the New Den for many many non premiership matches.
    When the casual gossip is we only filled the ground with prem glory hunters.
    Hmmmn
    I think the new Millwall stadium should be huge, bigger than Wembley even, but I don't think there has ever been one match where the New Den has sold out.
  • edited February 2020
    Taking my Millwall hating opinions to one side, it does make sense.

Building a 20k stadium wont save much cash compared to a 35k stadium and it's better to have the spare capacity for the odd big game (yes, us!).

I think the real reason they want to build a new stadium is to make more money from the corporate side. It is close to central london and c an be used for other events too.

The ground was shit when they first built it. I know I am biased, but it was very bland and felt cheap when new. 

As do we to be honest.

Stop with your sense talking. You must be disparaging and hyperbolic in your musings, much like the mentalist that followed your well thought out post.

As do we to be honest.

Stop with your sense talking. You must be disparaging and hyperbolic in your musings, much like the mentalist that followed your well thought out post.
    you're still baby eating knuckle draggers... 

As do we to be honest.

you're still baby eating knuckle draggers... 

Guilty as charged, your honour. It's a fair cop.
  • How has this thread gone two pages without that title being changed?

As do we to be honest.
    Flat cap convention?
    Stone Island convention?
    Fighting amongst yourselves at Wembley annual jolly boys outing?