Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can you recall CAFC games played in a storm?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Huddersfield away 98 I believe live on sky between Christmas and New year it was cold that we brought the stewards coffee and they kept the bar opened second half to serve hot drinks. Think it was the coldest I ever been. 
    Probably as cold as I've ever been at a football match. I remember the footpaths on the walk to the stadium were treacherous, like bloody skating rinks.

Was that the Robbo 25 yard screamer game? 
    It was December '99.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Huddersfield away 98 I believe live on sky between Christmas and New year it was cold that we brought the stewards coffee and they kept the bar opened second half to serve hot drinks. Think it was the coldest I ever been. 
    Probably as cold as I've ever been at a football match. I remember the footpaths on the walk to the stadium were treacherous, like bloody skating rinks.

Was that the Robbo 25 yard screamer game? 
    Yes it was, pleased I wasn’t the only to think that, also notable for a collision between Rufus and someone else. Always thought it was the start of the charge to the League 1 champions and the premier league. Seem to remember it was something like an 11 o’clock kick off. I’m still thawing out😀. I know there weren’t many of us there. 28th December 1999 if my memory serves me correctly, which it might not.