Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most awkward looking footballer you've seen?

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Sterling runs like a scooby do character 
    He runs as if he’s drying his nails
  • Options
    Ted McMinn
    That was the name that came to my mind as soon as I read thread title
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Paolo Wanchope never looked in control of the ball or any good but scored a lot.

for Charlton I give you Miguel Llera although Phil Chappel and Sonogo above good shouts too
  • Options
    Phil chapple 
  • Options
    Mark Stuart and Peter Shaw for Charlton.
    Aaron Lennons arms when hes running, are his elbows glued to his side?
  • Options
    The Nabster (yesterday apart) ...
  • Options
    Carl Tiler and Djimi Traore deserve some recognition.
  • Options
    Robbie Savage had a weird flat-footed run.
  • Options
    Djimi Traore 

Bambi on ice 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird one seeming he was a highly successful player, but I always found Roy Keane awkward to watch. I never felt as a midfielder he "ran" properly, and never pinged a ball around as I would expect a midfielder to do. Tackling not in dispute, but not graceful!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Wayne Rooney's Derby had a player in the early seventies called Roger Davies. Looked awkward but very effective.
    Was going to say the same - he of the famous open-goal miss against Chelsea.
  • Options
    Heskey 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Phil Chappell was like a baby giraffe. You could give him a 50yard start on any player and they probably would outpace him  
    I just cant picture Phil Chappell being the kid who was the best at football at his school. Always looked like he'd manage to do about 5 keep ups before he dropped the ball. 

Still a good player for us though!
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn
    (reaches for tin hat)  I did only see him play a couple of times for Charlton when they were making up the numbers against Liverpool and the like at that shithouse in Croydon.
    Saw him play, briefly, for Wimbledon against Charlton, he just seemed a rounder slower version of the gangly bemused kid I'd seen years before
  • Options
    Danny Haynes ran like someone taking a parent race at a school sports day far too seriously.
    Still the quickest player I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt though. Unbelievable pace.
  • Options
    Although I loved him to bits I thought Derek Hales had a strange running style landing heel first and as for timing his headers from keepers he always seemed to be on the way down long before the ball arrived. 
  • Options
    Ralph Milne. 
    Run like he had a dislocated hip
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    Although I loved him to bits I thought Derek Hales had a strange running style landing heel first and as for timing his headers from keepers he always seemed to be on the way down long before the ball arrived. 
    Remember the Hales header thing very well. Never ever tried to win it (probably because he knew he couldnt) but always jumped too early. 

Different story if he was going for a cross though. 
  • Options
    Akpo Sodje - needs no explaining
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arjen Robben
  • Options
    Ralph Milne. 
    Run like he had a dislocated hip
    Ralph Milne ran like he was trying not to spill his pint of beer 
  • Options
    Much as I loved Carl Leaburn, in his early days he was rather like Bambi on ice at times.
  • Options
    Mamadou Sakho
  • Options
    Cliff Durandt
  • Options
    Neil Shipperley. Very awkward looking him in the eye, even more awkward looking down.  ;)
  • Options
    Lawrie Madden
    Beat me to it - he was like a very tenacious Hunchback of Notre Dame in Charlton kit. For that reason I think it too longer for fans to warm to him but he won fans over in the end, albeit that he was more successful for Wednesday and has a League Cup winners medal to prove it.
    Once hit a penalty even higher than Nicky Bailey. First and last time he took one I think! 
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    Lawrie Madden
    Beat me to it - he was like a very tenacious Hunchback of Notre Dame in Charlton kit. For that reason I think it too longer for fans to warm to him but he won fans over in the end, albeit that he was more successful for Wednesday and has a League Cup winners medal to prove it.
    Once hit a penalty even higher than Nicky Bailey. First and last time he took one I think! 
    Was that at Sellhurst Park?
  • Options
    Frank McGarvey
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    McCartney said:
    Remember the Hales header thing very well. Never ever tried to win it (probably because he knew he couldnt) but always jumped too early. 

Different story if he was going for a cross though. 
    It was bizarre to see and he probably thought that he would put the defender off by doing it. When Flash or Arthur went for the header instead it was a different story because Killer could feed off their flicks