Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Dempsey - signed for Ayr on a 3 year deal (May 2022)

Comments

• Good luck to him, would have preferred he went back to Dulwich!
  • A decent move for him, Woking are just 3 points off the playoffs.

It will be interesting what happens to Morgan, surely he'll go to somewhere better than Ebbsfleet?

Maloney and Wiredu seem to have gone backwards since their loan moves
  • edited October 2020
    Admin dont even have to change the title of this thread lol.

He has rejoined Woking on loan

📰 LOAN NEWS | Best of luck to academy graduate Ben Dempsey who has joined @wokingfc on loan until January 9th. #cafc
  • A sensible move for him, long term I suspect his natural level is NL or L2 anyway
  • A sensible move for him, long term I suspect his natural level is NL or L2 anyway
    Yeah wasnt overly impressed last season... Reckon he's one of these who needs to take a step back in his career to move forward

The Arter way
    Yeah wasnt overly impressed last season... Reckon he's one of these who needs to take a step back in his career to move forward

The Arter way
    I watched him play for Dulwich in one match and he didn't stand out
  • Good for him. Felt that he really wasn't anywhere near it when he played for us last season. Not his fault, he shouldn't have needed to appear but he's a long way behind the likes of Doughty and Vennings
  • How nice is it to see us loaning out youngsters to something more akin to their level in order to grow and develop, rather than having to chuck them into our games against teams who allegedly have one player earning more than our whole squad (Ayew and Swansea)?

Good luck Ben, go and start your career proper 
  • Sponsored links:

• Seeing he's got his own thread its worth pointing out his Woking loan deal has been extended until the summer

Not actually sure if his Contract is due to expire this summer but guess his Charlton career is coming to an end now
  • That's gonna depend which division we're in.
    Promotion maybe a step too high for him
    Another year in this division with wage caps etc and he'll be in prime position
  • That's gonna depend which division we're in.
    Promotion maybe a step too high for him
    Another year in this division with wage caps etc and he'll be in prime position
    He’s already 21 so won’t be under the cap next season, assuming the rules stay as they are. Can’t see him being kept on when we’re letting Lapslie go.
  • How is he doing at Woking? Any reports or a fans website giving their opinions?
  • Anyone actually know why we extended his contract last summer?  Seemed strange at the time.
  • Good luck Ben, I'm glad he's found a permanent move. I was a bit confused why we gave him another year this season, as he was way down the reckoning and indeed never registered in the EFL squad
  • Think he started pretty well up there, but then struggled with injury as hasnt appeared very often
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone actually know why we extended his contract last summer?  Seemed strange at the time.
    Probably so we could still get a fee for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Ayr fans seem very happy, says a lot.
  • edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone actually know why we extended his contract last summer?  Seemed strange at the time.
    When you take out the wages we would have paid him it's not going to be much is it?  Ayr haven't paid a fee for a player in about 20 years.
  • iaitch said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It will be in Scottish notes so all the hassle of getting rid.
    I wouldn't take them. They are not legal tender - even in Scotland!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Read a rumour that they got his age wrong and thought he wouldn’t count towards the squad registration number. Can’t think of anything else which makes any sense.
  • Glad that he's at least got himself something permanent, good luck to the guy. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Read a rumour that they got his age wrong and thought he wouldn’t count towards the squad registration number. Can’t think of anything else which makes any sense.
    How can they get his age wrong in that way. He has had a full grown beard since he was 16!!! Surely they must have thought he was pushing 30, not 20
  •  Very best wishes to Ben who I think is an unselfish team player with leadership qualities. One who will become a more solid fixture in teams with more experience and nous.
    Not easy to define his speciality, but he is a footballer as it were.
    I will be looking out for how he gets on in the Scottish Championship next season.
  • Glad he has sorted a long contract at a pro club.  Good luck to him.