Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton commentary during games

After watching the highlight's from Saturday, it will be hard to follow another game on our official cafc twitter page and believe the commentary. 

The yard offside goal/throw in decision/fouls given against us is becoming more than predictable before they even arrive. Keep it realistic!

Comments

• Options
    Go for it @Ollywozere.
    How dare somebody be in the slightest way critical of those unpaid volunteer Charlton fans doing everybody a massive favour.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Go for it @Ollywozere.
    How dare somebody be in the slightest way critical of those unpaid volunteer Charlton fans doing everybody a massive favour.
    Yawn.  As tedious as you complaining about the food at dinners you don't attend and just as inaccurate.
  • Options
    Yawn. Play the man ignore the issue.
    The dinner I attended had rank food way overpriced.
    Why go back?
  • Options
    was pretty clear at first glance that their 2nd goal was onside 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    This is not the first time our official Twitter account has been called out. Was it last season there was problems with Peterborough?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would prefer the official club lines shows a better line of professionalism and dignity, otherwise you have moments like this where you end up looking stupid
  • Options
    Totally agree with OP. Golfie Jnr follows the away games via twitter & he oftens recounts a different story to the one that pans out.

The offside was rediculous. Only had to see it once on tv to see Ince was at least level with Matthews.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    They’re just as blinkered as a huge percentage of every fan base is .

• Options
    In reference to the Peterborough thing from a couple of years back - we suggested that a certain player was chucking himself around and diving....which he most definitely was.

Which player was it ? Not MM ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC local radio broadcasts .. e.g. Lincoln .. the Imps are always on top, always unlucky, every foul is a mistimed good tackle .. the commentators give the fans/public what it wants to hear ..
     similarly, a good mate I often sit with at away games is convinced that Charlton NEVER commit a foul, every opposition goal is offside and that we control every game, if this was that we'd top the table .. he'd make a good CAFC/local radio commentator ((:>)
  • Options
    Also worth mentioning that Stoke's twitter account also thought the second looked offside: 

• Options
    In reference to the Peterborough thing from a couple of years back - we suggested that a certain player was chucking himself around and diving....which he most definitely was.

Which player was it ? Not MM ? 
    Yeah it was Maddison

• Options
    edited February 2020
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11929336/stoke-3-1-charlton ..

Ince's goal ? .. would take VAR to sort that one out .. understandable that the Addicks commentator would call offside' .. I would have been screaming offside had I been there
     whatever, our defending for their goals was rubbish .. Purrington's goal was a beauty .. impossible to get a real perspective from a 2 minute (or less) set of clips

• Options
    At least we get a running commentary on ours. Some clubs’ Twitter accounts during a match are very basic e.g. goal scored, subs made and half and full time. Nothing else.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    At least we get a running commentary on ours. Some clubs’ Twitter accounts during a match are very basic e.g. goal scored, subs made and half and full time. Nothing else.
    Seen too many clubs with this approach... Its why Im happy for the club to continue with its style when reporting the action, dont want robotic comments as dont get an indication of the game

If people would prefer that then they can always use the BBC text service
  • Options
    keep it going @Ollywozere

just because you don't necessarily get it all right doesn't mean it's not worth having. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be hugely disappointed if the club media was anything but strongly partisan. 

This is football and those commentating and tweeting are fans first and foremost.

The BBC will provide bland and neutral balance. I like the empassioned and rightly biased view and expect it from in house media teams.
     :) 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Seen too many clubs with this approach... Its why Im happy for the club to continue with its style when reporting the action, dont want robotic comments as dont get an indication of the game

If people would prefer that then they can always use the BBC text service
    Or the matchday thread  :)
  • Options
    Guys are doing a brilliant job.

No dramas or personal digs, but on Saturday it felt like everything went against us, in the manner we've got used to Tottenham and Arsenal fans over the years! 

• Options
    I find it really helpful having the Twitter text commentary, I was in New Zealand over Christmas and I was able to follow the results, when Naby scored the equaliser against QPR, I was going crazy at 6 in the morning! Thanks for the hard work.
  • Options
    always enjoy the commentary on away games and love the bias,long may it continue
  • Options
    It's a Charlton twitter account run by Charlton fans FFS!  Of course it's going to be a bit biased. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't!!