Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C4 Michael Barrymore documentary

Comments

• Options
    The very unlikeable Barrymore and his party crew are, I would suggest, guilty of something nasty. Alas, the problem is proving it. After all this time, unless someone confesses and/or grasses, it's unlikely that evidence forensic or otherwise will be discovered.
    Shame on ITV for sometimes using him as a performing oddity on their shows, Big Brother and Dancing on Ice as well as Piers Morgan 'interviewing' him. 
    I suppose it's the cash from these sporadic vomit inducing appearances that allow him what seems to be a good lifestyle and to pay his lawyers enough to keep him out of the slammer. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It annoys me that he tries to make comebacks. They always seem to fail because he achieved his fame through being a man of the people and the same people are looking at somebody who might be guilty of murder. Instead of being funny, he becomes pathetic. Also, when you look at the case, he maintains he has co-operated in every way he can when that is patently not the truth. He treats the public as idiots but I agree, ITV have a lot to answer for giving him opportunities to try to come back.

I don't see how at this late stage the truth is going to come out, but he needs to crawl under a rock or try to get to the bottom of what happened and prove he had no involvement. 
  • Options
    Watching the documentary I thought Barrymore didn't come out too well. So many inconsistencies & lies.......

Says he cannot swim.........ex-wife says he can.

Where is the pool thermometer. It was there the day after but disappeared once Barrymore's agent popped by to "pick up a few things". Imo it was used on Stuart Lubbock.

Also Barrymore employed probably the most famous (expensive) barrister alive......who told him not to say anything at the inquest & then "discovered" that Lubbock was "assulted" at the hospital. Seeing as Essex police have now refuted that nonsense I think Barrymore should be dragged back to answer more questions.

And the final 2 fingers up to everyone is the statement by Barrymore & his lawyers shown right at the end of the programme saying that Lubbock's injuries were probably made by him falling onto the side of the pool as he fell in. Cobblers.
    His ex wife came out at the time and apparently gave the police a list of people who would all confirm that he could swim pretty well 
  • Options
    Watching the documentary I thought Barrymore didn't come out too well. So many inconsistencies & lies.......

Where is the pool thermometer. It was there the day after but disappeared once Barrymore's agent popped by to "pick up a few things". Imo it was used on Stuart Lubbock.

Also Barrymore employed probably the most famous (expensive) barrister alive......who told him not to say anything at the inquest & then "discovered" that Lubbock was "assulted" at the hospital. Seeing as Essex police have now refuted that nonsense I think Barrymore should be dragged back to answer more questions.

And the final 2 fingers up to everyone is the statement by Barrymore & his lawyers shown right at the end of the programme saying that Lubbock's injuries were probably made by him falling onto the side of the pool as he fell in. Cobblers.
    His ex wife came out at the time and apparently gave the police a list of people who would all confirm that he could swim pretty well 
    And if you can't swim would you have a swimming pool in your back garden. I know you might say its for guests & you wouldn't use it generally but he doesnt have a large garden & it is rather prominent so I again say bollox to his machinations that he can't swim.  
  • Options
    So many people making so many assumptions to fit their agenda.
    I don’t know exactly what went on and no one should jump to unfounded conclusions about ‘any’ court cases IMHO.
    I am prepared to wait and see what happens in people’s trials before making judgment. 
    Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? :/
  • Options
    Well he isn't in prison. It doesn't mean he isn't one of three that have been named as being the only people who could be involved. His whole attitude throughout as been one of the victim denying what actually happened and quite frankly, seeing as a young lad lost his life after a violent assault that should be enough to keep the slug from our screens. 
  • Options
    Well he isn't in prison. It doesn't mean he isn't one of three that have been named as being the only people who could be involved. His whole attitude throughout as been one of the victim denying what actually happened and quite frankly, seeing as a young lad lost his life after a violent assault that should be enough to keep the slug from our screens. 
    I agree but nevertheless, that doesn’t automatically make him guilty.
    I have no idea what took place.....but a few others seem to have already made up their minds......which I think is a bit presumptuous.
  • Options
    I've decided not to print this .. anyone interested can click on the link ..
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10927057/michael-barrymore-pool-death-stuart-lubbock-2/
  • Options

And if you can't swim would you have a swimming pool in your back garden. I know you might say its for guests & you wouldn't use it generally but he doesnt have a large garden & it is rather prominent so I again say bollox to his machinations that he can't swim.  
    Seems to be a rare case where a ducking stool would provide a fair trial then.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WTF is found innocent? You understand how basic law works right?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    PopIcon said:
    WTF is found innocent? You understand how basic law works right?
    You know exactly what I mean.....yeah I know you can’t be found innocent because you are already innocent until proven guilty, so just to please you let’s say someone’s  innocence was upheld ........is that better for you?
  • Options
    Barrymore running away from the property, that is a strange thing to do if you have nothing to hide.
  • Options

True but could also be a status thing.

I'm sure a lot of premier league footballers have stables and tennis courts in their huge properties, but it doesn't mean they're out horse riding and playing sets of tennis every week.

But i do agree with you, i'm sure he can swim.
  • Options

True but could also be a status thing.

I'm sure a lot of premier league footballers have stables and tennis courts in their huge properties, but it doesn't mean they're out horse riding and playing sets of tennis every week.

But i do agree with you, i'm sure he can swim.
    That was part of what I was getting at. Totally understand it's a status thing but if you look at the property the pool takes up half the garden......its not like there is an acre or so & its secluded.....its basically part of the patio & you could fall in just coming out of the patio doors...!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Reckon the £40k reward might jog a couple of memories. 
  • Options
    Reckon the £40k reward might jog a couple of memories. 
    By definition, anyone who knows something is implicated - even if only because they kept quiet for so long. And that would result in serious repercussions for them.

£40k sounds a lot but it isn't life changing whereas a potential prison sentence most certainly is.

Exactly. They should offer £500k and, after someone has come forward and given their evidence, withdraw the offer and nick them for spoliation of evidence.
  • Options
    Assuming he was involved, Barrymore might be convinced to reveal all on his deathbed - he was brought up a Catholic and it could be that guilt and the prospect of eternal life for coming clean that the truth might come out.

Otherwise I fear it is a case of him letting people think that he or others at the party were involved rather than admitting that they were.

• Options
    I didn't actually watch this but after reading this thread, I'll be checking it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't actually watch this but after reading this thread, I'll be checking it out.
    Watched it on YouTube last night
  • Options
    I found the programme quite boring. No way forward in their Investigation at all. 
    If the lad was buggered surely a DNA test would give a pointer towards who he was with. If it was the thermostat that was used on him then surely DNA or other forensic test will say so. If thermostat then in depth questioning to be focused on the manager who allegedly returned to the house and the thermostat disappeared. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I found the programme quite boring. No way forward in their Investigation at all. 
    If the lad was buggered surely a DNA test would give a pointer towards who he was with. If it was the thermostat that was used on him then surely DNA or other forensic test will say so. If thermostat then in depth questioning to be focused on the manager who allegedly returned to the house and the thermostat disappeared. 
    Dumping a body in water can go a long way towards destroying DNA evidence, they end up relying on fibres. However you may get some residual DNA as in the Ipswich sex worker murders. But people do use water to hide DNA evidence.

However he may have been in the pool when attacked and if he was "buggered" the perpetrator(s) may have been wearing a condom.
  • Options
    As a side issue, there were 3 or 4 different coroner’s who had different findings, some of which were totally at odds with each other.
    I find that quite alarming, not least because we rely on coroner’s to get things right thousands of times a day all over The UK.......it’s worrying to think that there could be so many differing findings from such an august and highly respected body of clinicians.
  • Options
    A 50-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the indecent assault and murder of a man found dead at Michael Barrymore's home.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56427710
  • Options
    clive said:
    A 50-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the indecent assault and murder of a man found dead at Michael Barrymore's home.
    Heard this today & wondered who of the party goer's it was. Can't be arsed to trawl through the internet but the ages of the people attending must be available somewhere I would have thought. Not hard to eliminate the innocent.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    clive said:
    Heard this today & wondered who of the party goer's it was. Can't be arsed to trawl through the internet but the ages of the people attending must be available somewhere I would have thought. Not hard to eliminate the innocent.
    I believe Michael Barrymore's ex-partner is now 50. 
  • Options
    If memory serves be correctly he'd had a chair leg shoved up his arse. So many questions; did someone bring a chair leg to the party? Was it still attached the chair or did someone bring a screw driver set? Was it the square or round type? It's probably the last thing i'd want shoved up my pipe, one word, splinters!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    If memory serves be correctly he'd had a chair leg shoved up his arse. So many questions; did someone bring a chair leg to the party? Was it still attached the chair or did someone bring a screw driver set? Was it the square or round type? It's probably the last thing i'd want shoved up my pipe, one word, splinters!
    ... or woodworm.
  • Options
    Could have been Queen Anne