Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough at home on 7th March

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020

Some sound advice on here.

Use the railheads North Greenwich/Greenwich DLR/Woolwich DLR then local bus services.

Arrive early, leave late. Allow plenty of time - don't get impatient. Local shops and not forgetting the O2 will also be busy, especially if the weather is fine. That also brings pressure on public transport and parking. 

Maybe time to think about car-sharing for longer-distance Addicks - CL a useful place to connect drivers with new passengers. We have always been good at finding our own solutions to problems. 

Curry Sark DLR brings you nearer the valley, naval college and busses i think in  preference to Greenwich dlr which is at Greenwich station
  • Options
    Kids for a quid and no trains.  Should be fun.  If the weather is fine I think I'll walk to North Greenwich
  • Options

Some sound advice on here.

Use the railheads North Greenwich/Greenwich DLR/Woolwich DLR then local bus services.

Arrive early, leave late. Allow plenty of time - don't get impatient. Local shops and not forgetting the O2 will also be busy, especially if the weather is fine. That also brings pressure on public transport and parking. 

Maybe time to think about car-sharing for longer-distance Addicks - CL a useful place to connect drivers with new passengers. We have always been good at finding our own solutions to problems. 

Curry Sark DLR brings you nearer the valley, naval college and busses i think in  preference to Greenwich dlr which is at Greenwich station
    I usually go to DLR Greenwich Station, right out side is the 177 bus stop that takes you to The Valley. Also across the road is the 180 bus stop in Greenwich South Street takes you again to The Valley.  Suits me better than the melee that is usually taking place out side the Naval College Bus Stop.
  • Options
    Just discovered this shambles after my Dad has rearranged his ferry over after being cancelled due to the weather on the Football for a Fiver game (lucky escape for him then!). What an absolute joke. Seriously thinking about telling him not to bother coming as the stress of getting to and from the ground will be too much. 
  • Options
    Cab from North Greenwich £12 five people or Vito carries six.
  • Options
    Bus fare £1.50, contactless or oyster, get to mix with fellow Londoners too :smile:
  • Options
    What sort of moron organised engineering works on a match day? Didn't fancy doing it while we were away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Webby said:
    Webby said:
    Likewise I will be traveling from Portsmouth to Waterloo, usually then go Waterloo East to Charlton. Any of you clever folks know of a better route avoiding bus service etc? Problem is that if don't get usual train times back after game, we will miss our boat to the Isle of Wight and in turn the last train from the boat to home.
    You use the sole remaining 'island line' on the isle of Wight then @webby?  Fascinating journey that by looks of it
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railways_on_the_Isle_of_Wight
    Ex Underground tube stock on the IoW, a ferry, train to Waterloo, train to Charlton

Joking side (#proppacharlton etc) that's impressive commitment!
    Image result for island line train on pier
    come off it! that's barely safe for work! :D