Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trondheim

Whilst i'm on a roll ........ My buddy and I are  being paid to do a gig (something that that has come somewhat as a surprise) at a festival in Trondheim, Norway. We are taking our respective  wife and partner. I've never been to Trondheim , Norway , or indeed Scandinavia so any tips for things to do will be gratefully received. I'm going to be visiting first week of August.

Comments

• Options
    Was in Trondheim last year. Very nice city, probably the most interesting apart from Oslo.
    Its possible to take the ferries to islands off the coast.
    Love Scandinavia, lived in Norway many years ago, but Norway is very expensive.    

• Options
    Buy something from this lot, they are based in Bergen, where it rains every third day, they say. Seriously you will need such an item, even in August. And it's fantastic gear, I'm using the raincoat this very morning.

I know Oslo quite well but never been up the west coast, it's supposed to be breathtaking, and there are many opportunities to travel up and down by sea, and head back by bus.

The main problem with Norway, as everyone will tell you, is the cost of food and especially booze. But if you like fish, you're in the right place. Don't let them talk you into whale meat though, apart from being a disgrace (though I wouldn't get into a discussion with them about it) it really doesn't taste up to much. Sunday is a bit of a dead day when it comes to shops and some restaurants.
  • Options
    Assume that a beer is going to cost £1000 and you'll be pleasantly surprised when it's slightly less. 
  • Options
    I’ve been to Tromso and was going to recommend a visit but just realised it’s a 17hr drive from Trondheim 😳
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Assume that a beer is going to cost £1000 and you'll be pleasantly surprised when it's slightly less. 
    I'm hoping my experience in ShangHai last year ..... 4 pints of Stella @£64 was the low point 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I was going to say - hoping the gig pays well or the trip will probably cost you money given the price of beer in Scandinavia! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Uboat said:
    I was going to say - hoping the gig pays well or the trip will probably cost you money given the price of beer in Scandinavia! 
    As odd as this may seem our " fee" is the travel , the hotel and food and beer for the duration of the stay related to the gig ( three days)