Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aiden McGeady - retired p12

Comments

• Sorry didn't finish he has something to prove to them and Parky
    Parky wouldn’t know a decent footballer if they hit him round the face with a wet kipper.
    What is it for Parky now? Three promotions, two play-off exits, League Cup final and FA Cup quarter final beating Prem teams along the way? What a chancer.
    Yeah but he didn’t play Chris Dickson in the Championship, what does he know?
    Parky wouldn’t know a decent footballer if they hit him round the face with a wet kipper.
    What is it for Parky now? Three promotions, two play-off exits, League Cup final and FA Cup quarter final beating Prem teams along the way? What a chancer.
    Did I ever tell you about Swansea and Reading away in the space of a week when he got us relegated?
    Did I ever tell you about Swansea and Reading away in the space of a week when he got us relegated?
    Making him the first manager in the history of football to be relegated. I still don't understand how, what with that team of Chris Dickson, Stuart Fleetwood, Dean Sinclair and Martin Cranie to rely on, and all those millions we were rolling in at the time.

Didn't we draw both of those games anyway?
  • @LargeAddick has a pathological dislike of Parky that will never be shifted!
  • He had a worse points per game return than Pardew in that most pathetic of relegations 
  • Richard J said:
    Sorry didn't finish he has something to prove to them and Parky
    Yeah, what was the name of that left back/left midfielder he signed from Colchester? Disastrous signing. 

Good question... was it hmmm, Jackie Johnson?
    Jackson came from Notts County. 
    Yeah, but Parky as Colchester manager signed Jacko from Spurs ..... who skippered Colchester to promotion and for 2 seasons in the Championship under Parky.
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I usually have good feelings about players and usually urge us to give them all a fair crack of the whip 

I do not have a good feeling about this signing at all 
    I fuckin called it 
    Struggle to remember a completed pass from him so far, to be fair having to play virtually box to box midfield in bowyers broken system won’t be helping. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I usually have good feelings about players and usually urge us to give them all a fair crack of the whip 

I do not have a good feeling about this signing at all 
    I fuckin called it 
    A total waste of space. 

Not you Leuth 
  • If he'd been worth signing I doubt we'd have got him.
  • Thought he  was a winger. Why not play him there?
  • edited February 2020
    Sharon Ambrose mkII. Luxury player with no upside. Has walked through most of his appearances so far. Doesn’t appear to like running. Thought we’d at least get decent technique from him but his inability to trap a bag of cement was the root cause for their first goal. 

Looks lazy and casual. No idea why he’s keeping Aneke out of the 18, at least Aneke’s bulk might cause a bit of havoc. 
  • Just watched Bowyer’s post match comments. I’m reading between the lines, but I wouldn’t be surprised if McGeady is training with our U23s before much longer. Suspect the disagreement between him and Parky was over whether or not a professional footballer should be expected to run. 
  • He had a shot at goal, which is more than most of the others!
    But why on earth is he playing so deep!
    Not at all impressed so far, but would like to see what he can do in his favoured position. He has a great pedigree, so we know the talent is there.
    Too early to write him off, but he needs to produce quickly now, similar to Hemed who has had far longer to make an impact.
  • I would I would think that as he’s more of a luxury player and due to his style of play that he’d be better playing in a front 3, 5 in midfield, behind the striker or as a striker. NOT as part of a 4 man midfield. 
  • edited May 2020
    Interesting interview from him expressing regret he didn't join Preston permanently three years ago .

He says he is staying in London and his family is still in Durham. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/aiden-mcgeady-opens-up-preston-18337063

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2020/may/the-player-of-the-year-interviews-2017--aiden-mcgeady/
  • @LargeAddick has a pathological dislike of Parky that will never be shifted!
    I think for @LargeAddick its two-fold (and yes, I do know I'm hijacking a thread; replying to a post 3 months later.....)

Firstly at a Bromley Supporters meeting Richard Murray said that Parky would be judged on results & having not won in about 8 games (losing most) would be sacked. RM never followed through on that pledge.

Secondly, as Large says, we went to Swansea fighting for our lives & being 1-0 down with 10 mins to go we expected to throw the kitchen sink at Swansea. Instead we meekly surrended & never gave it a go. Large was furious at this....... I know because I had to share a car journey home with him.
    Making him the first manager in the history of football to be relegated. I still don't understand how, what with that team of Chris Dickson, Stuart Fleetwood, Dean Sinclair and Martin Cranie to rely on, and all those millions we were rolling in at the time.

Yes we did draw them both and that is the point. He was more concerned with going on a little unbeaten run so he could keep his job than he was with keeping us up. I particularly remember Swansea away, do you? We were drawing in a game we had to win although the chances of us staying up were slim but hey ho you’d think you would give it a go eh? No not Parky. About ten minutes to go he takes off a midfielder and I think great he’s going to bring on another striker and go two up top but no he brings on a different midfielder. WTF. Oh well we drew and Parky kept his job. Job done for him, happy days.

yeah nice bloke, whatever, crap manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Secondly, as Large says, we went to Swansea fighting for our lives & being 1-0 down with 10 mins to go we expected to throw the kitchen sink at Swansea. Instead we meekly surrended & never gave it a go. Large was furious at this....... I know because I had to share a car journey home with him.
    LargeAddick said: I particularly remember Swansea away, do you? We were drawing in a game we had to win although the chances of us staying up were slim but hey ho you’d think you would give it a go eh? No not Parky. About ten minutes to go he takes off a midfielder and I think great he’s going to bring on another striker and go two up top but no he brings on a different midfielder. WTF. Oh well we drew and Parky kept his job. 
    We drew 1-1 with Swansea February 2009

look who came on for the swans in 90th minute 

Yes we did draw them both and that is the point. He was more concerned with going on a little unbeaten run so he could keep his job than he was with keeping us up. I particularly remember Swansea away, do you? We were drawing in a game we had to win although the chances of us staying up were slim but hey ho you’d think you would give it a go eh? No not Parky. About ten minutes to go he takes off a midfielder and I think great he’s going to bring on another striker and go two up top but no he brings on a different midfielder. WTF. Oh well we drew and Parky kept his job. Job done for him, happy days.

yeah nice bloke, whatever, crap manager.
    Yeah he had a poor squad but he was such a negative and conservative manager. 

• Secondly, as Large says, we went to Swansea fighting for our lives & being 1-0 down with 10 mins to go we expected to throw the kitchen sink at Swansea. Instead we meekly surrended & never gave it a go. Large was furious at this....... I know because I had to share a car journey home with him.
    LargeAddick said: I particularly remember Swansea away, do you? We were drawing in a game we had to win although the chances of us staying up were slim but hey ho you’d think you would give it a go eh? No not Parky. About ten minutes to go he takes off a midfielder and I think great he’s going to bring on another striker and go two up top but no he brings on a different midfielder. WTF. Oh well we drew and Parky kept his job. 

I now to everyone's superior knowledge.......I also refer you to Large's post above. 
  • edited May 2020

Secondly, as Large says, we went to Swansea fighting for our lives & being 1-0 down with 10 mins to go we expected to throw the kitchen sink at Swansea. Instead we meekly surrended & never gave it a go. Large was furious at this....... I know because I had to share a car journey home with him.

Mark Gower also played 67 minutes of that game

Made a good impact for that 1 month loan period, then when we signed him on a free that summer, didnt play much the following season
  • Parkinson had a worse ppg return, in that most pathetic of relegations, than Pardew !

Stand out thing for me on that was who the fuck is Graham Murty.

I Must have erased all knowledge of him. 

A right back who was coming towards the end of his career, signed on loan from Reading.

Was a Right Back - Part of the Reading team that broke the Championship points record when they went up to the Premier League

Also played for Southampton who we got him on loan from towards the end of his career 
  • we seemed to have a shed load of rubbish loans in the Pardew/Parky championship period.