Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 1 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Feeling confident and as someone who lives abroad i wish i was going today, feels like the start of a new era with Nimer turning up, some new signings and a crowd of around 20k there.

3-1 Charlton. Taylor, Green and a late debut goal from sub McGeady.
  • Options
    Now the window is closed and we have kept Taylor, nice to get back to football 2-0 Charlton. The start of a good run I hope.
  • Options
    I feel like 4-2-3-1 is the way Bowyer is currently looking to set up so can see something like this. 

Phillips

Matthews Pearce Lockyer Purrington

Cullen Pratley

Green      Williams     Doughty

Taylor

Subs: Amos, Sarr, two of Deji/Field/Morgan, McGeady, Oztumer, Hemed

I expect Oztumer will come on for Williams, McGeady for either Green/Doughty at some point and Hemed for Taylor.

Team looks really strong once we have Davis, JFC, Bonne, Aneke coming back in which gives us plenty of options. Still slightly miffed at the Smith signing as he is one I don't see getting much game time. A CB/LB would have been better use of a loan in my eyes.

• Options
    Might have one, possibly two free tickets in the Covered End. Won’t know til around eleven. Both kids went to bed feeling ill, so it’ll depend on how they feel when they wake up. 
    DM or @ me if interested. 
  • Options
    Lyle got a bit of a muted reception when he warmed up on the touch line against Fulham which, in my opinion, was wrong. Let's give him the ovation of all ovations today - and watch him knock in a couple of goals as we win 3-0. He's done so much for the club, he deserves it.
    And let's hear it for HE as well.
  • Options
    Charlton 5-0 Barnsley 
    Pratley
    Williams x3
    Green
  • Options
    6-0 to Charlton.
    That’s always my prediction but I’m having a flutter on it today.
  • Options
    Got  to win here, 2-0 to Charlton 
  • Options
    I thought Barnsley looked very good in the away fixture and was surprised to see them in bottom three. 

Wont  be easy without our new supa dupa signings but I think we will win and take the pressure off.

Green 
    Doughty 

We concede early but fight back valiantly in 2nd half
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Might have one, possibly two free tickets in the Covered End. Won’t know til around eleven. Both kids went to bed feeling ill, so it’ll depend on how they feel when they wake up. 
    DM or @ me if interested. 
    Taken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Buzzing for this today. Sounds like the place will be busy. Hopefully the atmosphere gets back to what it was at the start of the season and we put on a good performance. COYR
  • Options
    Just phoned for a ticket.

North Upper is sold out.

Hope you're all gonna sing as loud as I'll be singing in the lower.

Come on you reds!
  • Options
    JFC is fit now then I take it? @Sage
    Quite like the look of that team though would switch Doughty and Green. 
  • Options
    I'd like to see us go 2 up top - See how well Taylor and Hemed can work together from the start.
  • Options
    I hope Leeds and West Brom find their form again this weekend. If we manage a win, we could well pull a few more teams back into the relegation battle.
  • Options
    I would like to see Sarr instead of Pearce. I think he gives us more threat at home.
    Completely agree. Just not sure I can see Bow changing the defence after our first clean sheet in months.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    JFC is fit now then I take it? @Sage
    Quite like the look of that team though would switch Doughty and Green. 
    Yes, he’s trained all week.

Only have Doughty and Green that way because of cutting in and supporting Taylor. Barnsley also play the diamond, so it allows us to be narrow when needed at times too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us start with a diamond either though.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    McGeady to start and we must play two up top. We’re at home against a struggling side who‘ve just lost 3 on the spin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While it would be great to win, for me it's a must-not-lose match.
  • Options
    Going for a 4-0 home win today... Real statement of intent
  • Options
    Hex said:
    It’s must win - we haven’t won in a lifetime. we can’t keep throwing games, or settling for points.

3 points and only 3 will do 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    It’s must win - we haven’t won in a lifetime. we can’t keep throwing games, or settling for points.

3 points and only 3 will do 
    Agreed, we need to start picking up 3 points on a regular basis. Don't do it today, and there's massive pressure on our visit to Stoke next Saturday, as Forest will be a tough match
  • Options
    The fans bar /Crossbars is full already. 
  • Options
    I'm there with the 'salmon' Nike coat on (ok its pink) by the window. 
  • Options
    I’ve got a good feeling about this one...

3-1. 
  • Options
    Are any of our bars members only or open to all ticket holders?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Are any of our bars members only or open to all ticket holders?
    Pretty sure it's just bartrams and crossbars that are open to anyone 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm there with the 'salmon' Nike coat on (ok its pink) by the window. 
    Please don't say hello to me in the toilets.