Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby Six Nations 2020

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    “SOUTH AFRICA could join the Six Nations after the 2023 World Cup in a stunning move which would change the shape of international rugby. Springboks chiefs are reportedly in negotiations with rugby chiefs and could move into the northern hemisphere tournament from the start of the 2024 season.”

Not sure about this 

There is a bigger picture afoot here, the TV revenues are drying up for SANZAR with the rise of streaming services driving a stake through the heart of their biggest backer - a certain Mr Rupert Murdoch.

Foxtel in Australia and Sky NZ are both bang in trouble and can't pay what they used to pay for the rights so the Saffers (the poorest of those three markets) need to hedge their bets and look for new $$$ - it always comes down to money in the end.

If they went then that would leave NZ + Australia + Argentina in an unsustainable competition - unless the Saffers got real greedy and tried to play in both competitions which I would not rule out.
    there was talk a while back of one global tournament every year, the big euro five, plus Oz, NZ, SA .. it was nixed of course because of the ridiculous logistics it would require and what would be the point of a world cup, even though the autumn internationals in Europe nearly always include two or three of the southern hemisphere nations ?.
     Let alone SA, Australian RU is struggling for a lack of players, hence the influx of pacific islanders as in NZ.
     After every world cup there is a wholesale player defection from the south to Euro clubs. Look at any English prem team, every season there are more and more (especially) SAs and islanders in their squads. 
    Argentina is another case in point, but not necessarily for discussion here. 
  • A distant memory from my youth R I P
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51546174

I remember that try too.

Andy Hancock played for Sidcup RFC for a while back in the day.

RIP
  • LenGlover said:
    A distant memory from my youth R I P

I remember that try too.

RIP
    I also remember him playing for the Chelmsford veterans side, The Undertakers, I think they were called, back in the 70's.
    RIP

• LenGlover said:
    A distant memory from my youth R I P

I remember that try too.

RIP
    back in the days when Sidcup and Westcombe Park were making a bit for the top echelons .. just think, a Nigel Wray type investment and Sidcup could now be in the Prem ((:>)
  • Don't spose anyone has a link to a stream for England v Ireland today please?
  • This is utter shite. We need to engage in some tan-bashing pronto...!
  • That's a half of rugby I don't want to see again.
    Feck me we're shite
  • Funny that, looks okay to me!
  • Great result for England
  • Sponsored links:

• Good result for England but I have to say I just can’t get interested in it this year. Maybe a World Cup hangover but it’s passing me by. 
  • Six Nations organisers are "monitoring very closely" the coronavirus situation, with games under threat by the spread of the virus in Italy.
  • Can't see how the Ireland game can go ahead next weekend in Rome
  • Can't see how the Ireland game can go ahead next weekend in Rome
    It’s in Dublin ... problem is players, officials and fans travelling over. 

England in Rome for the last game 
  • Italy v Ireland officially called off over Coronavirus concerns 
  • Italy v Ireland officially called off over Coronavirus concerns 
    I believe it’s only been postponed for now.  
  • stonemuse said:
    Italy v Ireland officially called off over Coronavirus concerns 
    I believe it’s only been postponed for now.  
    Trouble is I can see this situation lasting for a long time. Anyway, good to see that England now have the measure of the Irish after far too long allowing the heathens to bully and beat us. Now we want to give the faltering Welsh a right good hiding. 
    Youngs being dropped for one game has done him the world of good, he had his best game for a long time on Sunday.
  • That's a half of rugby I don't want to see again.
    Feck me we're shite
    are you Irish ? ((:>)
  • edited March 2020
    Going to be weird this one in that you'd expect England to turn over Italy with a bonus point win and so be champions, but when will that game actually be played?  

• Going to be weird this one in that you'd expect England to turn over Italy with a bonus point win and so be champions, bit when will that game actually be played?  

The twelfth of never.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to be weird this one in that you'd expect England to turn over Italy with a bonus point win and so be champions, bit when will that game actually be played?  

31st October apparently.
  • Rugby players, experienced ones too, showing they can be just as stupid as certain England footballers...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54656359

Chris Robshaw, Richard Wigglesworth, Sean Maitland and Jackson Wray are among 12 Barbarians players stood down from Sunday's fixture against England after breaking Covid-related rules.
    The players left their hotel bubble contrary to team protocols to have dinner at a central London restaurant

I like the headline in the Express

• IF the game goes ahead it looks like being England A v England B .. the game was only arranged as a warm up for the restart of the 6 nations, and fair enough, but Sky should get their money back as this game (if played) will not be as advertised. Year by year the Barbarians label becomes more and more irrelevant i m o. A harking back to the amateur days when Rugby Union was a very different game and players were much freer to choose when and where they played.
  • The Babas game is orf !! .. good decision
  • Appalling behavior, I would love someone to post a pic of them all sitting at the same table instead on in six's and then the restaurant gets hit with a £10k fine.
    Covid the barbarians.
    Covid the barbarians.
    That's hilarious. Love it. Well done! 

You should write newspaper headlines. For the Express, maybe.
  • Back this weekend.

Assuming England & Ireland both get a winning bonus point v Italy, France v Ireland is the decider.

France win or a draw = England title.
    Ireland win with BP = Ireland title.
    Ireland win with no BP = the most fun as points difference comes into play between Ireland & England. 
  • edited October 2020
    What's with the stripes on the shorts? Not noticed them before. Edit, just Irish kit style. 
  • Will be interesting to see how rusty England are next week with the warm up game being called off.