Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Underrated Films

We got one for Overrated films so why not underrated as well

Comments

• Options
    Seven Pounds for me has to be one of the most underrated films ever.

When people talk about best Will Smith films it always seems to get left out.

Fantastic film and very emotional as well
  • Options
    About Time is excellent, though I rarely see it mentioned - not sure if that means it's underrated, though. In a similar boat is Stranger Than Fiction - which has an absolutely immense cast, including a very impressive and restrained Will Ferrell in the lead role.
  • Options
    Seven Pounds is one of the silliest/ funniest films I’ve ever seen. 

I’d vote for Sahara. Really fun action romp that got an unnecessary kicking but doesn’t do much wrong at all. Shame we didn’t get a sequel. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The Book Of Eli

Searching
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sitting Ducks. (1980).
    About two guys who steal from the Mafia and go on the run.....very funny comedy film, I loved it.
  • Options
    Arlington Road is a great film and don't often hear it mentioned by others. 

• Options
    Arlington Road is a great film and don't often hear it mentioned by others. 

Yes!

Also made me think of The Game which is a great film and very underrated. 
  • Options
    Love, honour and obey
    Great cast, very funny gangster type film
  • Options
    Ghost Dog
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    About Time is excellent, though I rarely see it mentioned - not sure if that means it's underrated, though. In a similar boat is Stranger Than Fiction - which has an absolutely immense cast, including a very impressive and restrained Will Ferrell in the lead role.
    I was forced to try watch a Ferrell film last week on Netflix called The House. Which is funny, cos that’s exactly what I walked out of after 20 minutes. His wife in it is excruciatingly shit at acting and comedy timing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I'd second this. About Time is a excellent movie.
  • Options
    Why Blazing Saddles doesn't top every poll of greatest ever films is a dark mark against humanity
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Why Blazing Saddles doesn't top every poll of greatest ever films is a dark mark against humanity
    and The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
  • Options
    Sexy Beast 

• Options
    Coming to America and Cannonball Run 2. There's a reason they are on TV every other week, and I watch them.
  • Options
    @McBobbin on fire with the suggestions
  • Options
    Human Traffic
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I was forced to try watch a Ferrell film last week on Netflix called The House. Which is funny, cos that’s exactly what I walked out of after 20 minutes. His wife in it is excruciatingly shit at acting and comedy timing.

So I've never seen The House but I would assume it's Ferrell in one of his more typical, over-the-top, slapstick-type roles.

Stranger Than Fiction is COMPLETELY different. You have Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, and Queen Latifah as other leads/supports. Ferrell is really really restrained. I'd recommend giving it a go.
  • Options
    Reign Over Me. A serious Adam Sandler film where he plays a depressed man whose family died in the 9/11 attack, covering his inability to deal with it and him reconnecting with an old friend who tries to help him start to cope. Really good performance from Sandler and a really good look at grief.
  • Options
    Nil by Mouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Local Hero.

Loved by all who've seen it, but nobody my age (millenial) seems to have heard of it.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Ghost Dog
    Indeed. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Probably because it gets silly at the end and Khan’s boobs are too prominent for the sort of people who decide “greatest” lists. Until the last five minutes it is comic genius.