Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most underrated products

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Nostril hair trimmer
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    veal, there is a stigma about veal and i don't think enough people try it to see how lovely it is 
    It is very tasty. 

It is also very often rose veal that is eaten, which is a byproduct of the dairy industry.

Most male cattle born into the dairy world are slaughtered and sold as veal steaks etc, very few are raised into bulls.

It's one of the meats along with Lamb that I might never eat again, but I did love the taste. It's the hypocrisy and guilt in myself that stops me eating it now.
    I know 4/5 people that eat lamb (anything from 10 weeks to 12 months when slaughtered) and drink cows milk (the cows need to have calves to produce milk) but refuse to eat rose veal (slaughtered between 8 and 12 months) as it's cruel. cant get my head around that.

anyway, massively underrated product IMHO
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    veal, there is a stigma about veal and i don't think enough people try it to see how lovely it is 
    It is very tasty. 

It is also very often rose veal that is eaten, which is a byproduct of the dairy industry.

Most male cattle born into the dairy world are slaughtered and sold as veal steaks etc, very few are raised into bulls.

It's one of the meats along with Lamb that I might never eat again, but I did love the taste. It's the hypocrisy and guilt in myself that stops me eating it now.
    I know 4/5 people that eat lamb (anything from 10 weeks to 12 months when slaughtered) and drink cows milk (the cows need to have calves to produce milk) but refuse to eat rose veal (slaughtered between 8 and 12 months) as it's cruel. cant get my head around that.

anyway, massively underrated product IMHO
    I completely agree on flavour.

I also find it difficult to disagree, it's far less wastage to eat the rose veal, than it is to slaughter and incinerate it. 

Personally I do eat cheese, so I shouldn't be quite as hypocritical as I am, but at least I do know I'm being a hypocrite, unlike the many people I know that will eat lamb and drink milk but not eat rose veal. 
  • Options
    V60 coffee drip filter, makes a fantastic cup of coffee
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Nostril hair trimmer

Can you recommend a good one? I have a couple and none of them really do much. It's like my nose hairs are fool proof, gets on my nerves!
  • Options
    Italian Moka pots. None of that nespresso packaging wastage, just very good coffee 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    A Sharp Knife

Very underrated. There is nothing more important than having a really sharp chef's knife in your kitchen. It will change your life and make cooking a joy. Invest in a good one (like a Global) learn to look after it and it will last you a very, very long time. 

Instant Read Thermometer.

This is my number one cooking gadget. I love it. If you're roasting a chicken or even pan-frying some meat, just pull it out, stick the needle in and you'll get an instant temperature reading. You'll never overcook/undercook anything again. You can also use it to get a reading on liquid temps if you get into making confectionary. Takes the stress out of: "Is that cooked?"

• Options
    Cats.
  • Options
    English mustard