Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minibus Hire

Looking at possibly hiring a 9 seater minibus for a weekend jaunt over to France. Anyone got any contacts for cheapish hire?

Comments

• Options
    Dartford motors used be good??
    But make sure u check about eu cover as a lot wont let their vehicles out the uk 
  • Options
    Enterprise are pretty reliable - rates vary depending when you book. Normally cheaper in advance.
  • Options
    Dartford motors used be good??
    But make sure u check about eu cover as a lot wont let their vehicles out the uk 
    good point, thanks for that.
  • Options
    What area do you want to hire it from? I have had minibuses from a hire company nr Chatham Maritime which has been good value before even when taking to France, cant remember what its called though. 
  • Options
    What area do you want to hire it from? I have had minibuses from a hire company nr Chatham Maritime which has been good value before even when taking to France, cant remember what its called though. 

on the East Sussex coast but willing to travel for a good deal ...
  • Options
    I was looking getting a van to Ireland, which is of no use to you, but apparently foreign drivers in the EU need an international drivers permit. And after 31 Jan that’s UK citizens as well.
    Just bear in mind you will probably need this.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I was looking getting a van to Ireland, which is of no use to you, but apparently foreign drivers in the EU need an international drivers permit. And after 31 Jan that’s UK citizens as well.
    You are just referring to vans, right?

Or will we need international permits to drive cars in EU after Jan 31st? Of so, which one? I know there are like three or four versions/years

@iainment
  • Options
    iainment said:
    You are just referring to vans, right?

Or will we need international permits to drive cars in EU after Jan 31st? Of so, which one? I know there are like three or four versions/years

@iainment
    No it’s all road vehicles. The 1949 IDP covers the EU.
  • Options
    Also EHIC cards might not be valid. Check if you need insurance to cover possible medical emergencies 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Also EHIC cards might not be valid. Check if you need insurance to cover possible medical emergencies 
    EHIC cards are valued until at least 31st December 2020.

I spoke a company I got a quote from and because I want to go to France I need a permit, extra insurance and enhanced breakdown cover which adds a further £249 to the quote.