Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters group meeting with Matt Southall - Friday 24th January

Comments

• Options
    Had an invite but can't make it as I will be working ... very annoying
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks @killerjerrylee and @wwtone were invited and will be attending.

Myself and fellow trustee Paul Baker will be there from the museum.

About a dozen regional, International and special interest supporters' groups were invited to attend with a maximum of two attendees from each group.
  • Options
    Didn't he say something will happen in February that the fans would not like? Or, words to that effect? Perhaps you can get him to elaborate a bit more on Friday?
  • Options
    Didn't he say something will happen in February that the fans would not like? Or, words to that effect? Perhaps you can get him to elaborate a bit more on Friday?

That's about as helpful as telling somebody not to be offended before telling them something unpleasant and offensive.
  • Options
      How does that happen?
  • Options
    Southall is beginning to sound like a cheap BTEC Miere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on people, this is a positive move. For sure it has not just happened on a whim, they are aware of what is being said on here.
    Nothing to do with what's being said on here as the meeting was planned weeks ago.
  • Options
    if we still haven't signed anyone it could be an uncomfortable evening for Matt
  • Options
    Losing to Barnsley?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    MS probably wishes they'd bought the club and said, 'We're in charge now and we don't give a shit what anyone thinks'.

I think that was one of Roland's early press releases.
  • Options
    Come on people, this is a positive move. For sure it has not just happened on a whim, they are aware of what is being said on here.
    Nothing to do with what's being said on here as the meeting was planned weeks ago.
    OK. Whatever. But they are aware of what is being said on here. 
  • Options
    Can they switch the WiFi back on for fans...!?
  • Options
    Of course they are, one of them is a Lifer.
  • Options
    Yes, I know that. What is your point?

Mine is, that they are well aware of the current overall tone of opinion, and yet remain ready to engage publicly, which is more than the previous regime ever did until things got to breaking point. They will know the questions that will be asked. I am sure that you agree that this is a positive, and thank heavens you will be there to ask all the most important ones, (on behalf of the Museum).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mine is, that they are well aware of the current overall tone of opinion, and yet remain ready to engage publicly, which is more than the previous regime ever did until things got to breaking point. They will know the questions that will be asked. I am sure that you agree that this is a positive, and thank heavens you will be there to ask all the most important ones, (on behalf of the Museum).
    With the number of questioning tweets that MS has received recently, I am sure he is aware. 
  • Options

Yes it's a positive.

The museum is apolitical so we won't be asking about anything other than heritage and storage issues : - :smile:
  • Options
    if we still haven't signed anyone it could be an uncomfortable evening for Matt
    It will a tad uncomfortable, you know.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

That's about as helpful as telling somebody not to be offended before telling them something unpleasant and offensive. 

"That's about as helpful as telling somebody not to be offended before telling them something unpleasant and offensive". (Quotes thingy isn't working)

Yes don't take this the wrong way but you're a cnut & you're fired
  • Options
    Let's hope a player or 2 is announced before then otherwise it could be a tough evening for Matt
  • Options
    Matt "Nero" Southall/ESI fiddles while Charlton burns
  • Options
    Matt will be too busy working on transfers and somebody else will replace him  - that is my prediction.
  • Options

Yes it's a positive.

The museum is apolitical so we won't be asking about anything other than heritage and storage issues : - :smile:
    For example, where are we planning to store the new pair of strikers that they should be buying this month ...
  • Options
    Would this have been better held in February when we could wax lyrical about our new shiny signings?
  • Options

Yes it's a positive.

For example, where are we planning to store the new pair of strikers that they should be buying this month ...
    More like can you shift those old VAT receipts out of that storeroom so we can put museum items in there.

This is what really matters. 

Who cares about strikers?