Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker Back At The Valley

How’s about a warm round of applause for Scott when he returns on Wednesday, and let bygones be bygones.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Won't be there to join in I'm afraid, great player wish we had him in midfield now 😉.
  • Options
    Maybe that's what LB thought was strange, MS wants a midfield diamond of Parker at the base, JJ on the left, LB on the right and Euall at the tip? 
  • Options
    He was a huge asset to us. Was one of the best players.
    moved as thought a career / financial advance.
    he should always be given a good welcome back.
  • Options
    Prefer to remember the good stuff myself, loved watching him bang one in up at Elland RD.
  • Options
    People forgot how many games he played for us as well. He wasn’t like a Gomez or a Lookman, who racked up 20 games, 40 games and get all the #MadeInCharlton adulation stuff. 

Parker played 130 times for us and busted his guts out in every single one of them. The bloke left everything on the pitch, every game. 
    Makes you wonder how we managed to stave off interest for so long back then but cant manage half a season without someone coming and nicking our best talent. 
    I appreciate we were a prem club back then but certainly were not big payers and were never really going to push on much further than mid table.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate what he did and the consequences it had for us, but I've never booed him. Best I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Hate what he did and the consequences it had for us, but I've never booed him. Best I've seen in a Charlton shirt.

Pretty much my feelings. Best I've seen as well.
  • Options
    he’ll get absolute pelters Wednesday night that’s for sure 
  • Options
    I’d have moved when he did if in the same position but I wouldn’t have been such a prick about the way I did it but you can’t buy class 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having been 10 yards from the families at war at the Cottage when a few senior Cafc fans took offence to the " Parker is a cunx'' chant from younger fans near by, and started slapping each other, I would expect the same tomorrow when the dogs abuse that Holmes and Grant received will be transferred to Parker with even more venom. 
    I will just ignore him as the day he left Cafc I knew we would never be as high in the League again. To think that Chelsea were below us in the League when Parker went from the form midfielder in the Premier to bench warmer. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Prefer to remember the good stuff myself, loved watching him bang one in up at Elland RD.
    Was right down the front in the corner where away fans used to be as he ran over to us shirt off celebrating having scored a late winner.

That goal never got the credit, or exposure it should, 2 hours later Shearer banged in that volley against Everton that is still shown and talked about. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Hated him for the way he left, slowly learnt to let go and only have admiration for how his career turned out

Only thing that disappoints me these days is the fact he could have reached that potential had he stayed with us a bit longer and his career would never have gone backwards

Karlan Grant's reception this season is clear proof that a Footballer can hardly ever leave the right way

The only acceptable option for many is they get sold / released because we dont want them
  • Options
    People forgot how many games he played for us as well. He wasn’t like a Gomez or a Lookman, who racked up 20 games, 40 games and get all the #MadeInCharlton adulation stuff. 

Parker played 130 times for us and busted his guts out in every single one of them. The bloke left everything on the pitch, every game. 
    I remember 1 game against wolves, he broke one of their players with probably one of the hardest tackles I have ever seen and was on his arse after 80 minutes.  That and his clash with Bowyer are my 2 favourite Parker moments 
  • Options
    Good to hear that northern commentator , pretty sure hes the same one who commentated when we done Leeds at St Andrews in the play off final replay
  • Options
    Good to hear that northern commentator , pretty sure hes the same one who commentated when we done Leeds at St Andrews in the play off final replay
    John Helm I think?