Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Interview with Southall published

13»

Comments

• Options
    If I had to guess I’d suggest he’s up in the air at the moment on the way back from his meeting. Getting his nut down and not reading Twitter. 
    (Just a guess though) 😉
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It goes back to what started me getting jittery. ESI have said they have done it this way because the January window is so vital. Well so far, the January window has been a bit of a disaster - 15 days into it. If they wanted control to improve the playing side, surely we need to see that happening before we can fully relax. As of now, LB and LT have yet to agree contracts, we have lost CG and brought in one loan player.
    This. I can understand ESI being short on time leading up to the transfer window & wanting to make sure the playing side of things was properly sorted during January. 

But actions speak louder than words.

They said at the end of November that their first priority upon taking over would be tying LB & LT down to new contracts as well as trying to purchase Cullen. You would have thought that they would have spoken to their agents & pretty much nailed them down so on Jan 2nd they were ready to be signed. 2 weeks later and we are no further forward....in fact going backwards with the loss of Gallagher.

Then there are mutterings about Maddison not happy with the contract he's been offered & not offering a playing an extra £1k per week. 

Seriously minted ........you're having a bubble.
  • Options
    It goes back to what started me getting jittery. ESI have said they have done it this way because the January window is so vital. Well so far, the January window has been a bit of a disaster - 15 days into it. If they wanted control to improve the playing side, surely we need to see that happening before we can fully relax. As of now, LB and LT have yet to agree contracts, we have lost CG and brought in one loan player.
    This. I can understand ESI being short on time leading up to the transfer window & wanting to make sure the playing side of things was properly sorted during January. 

They said at the end of November that their first priority upon taking over would be tying LB & LT down to new contracts as well as trying to purchase Cullen. You would have thought that they would have spoken to their agents & pretty much nailed them down so on Jan 2nd they were ready to be signed. 2 weeks later and we are no further forward....in fact going backwards with the loss of Gallagher.

Then there are mutterings about Maddison not happy with the contract he's been offered & not offering a playing an extra £1k per week. 

Plus when Southall was pictured on twitter/whatever with the Peterborough chairman, he said he was there for coffee and NOT transfer talks.

There seems to be more holes in what he says than there are in my socks.
  • Options
    We own the Valley, well actually a 6 month lease.

Slippery.

• Options
    The interview was given last saturday ,4 days ago and the fans have now been told.

Things are now not straight forward as we first thought.

• Options

Plus when Southall was pictured on twitter/whatever with the Peterborough chairman, he said he was there for coffee and NOT transfer talks.

There seems to be more holes in what he says than there are in my socks.
    Wasn't it the Peterborough chairman that said that, not Southall?
  • Options
    razil said:
    Does this mean they could have paid precisely zero for the privilege?
    Even so RD and EFL must have seen proof of funds no?
    If it’s breaking even what funds would they have to prove?
  • Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
    Does this mean they could have paid precisely zero for the privilege?
    Even so RD and EFL must have seen proof of funds no?
    If it’s breaking even what funds would they have to prove?
    Don't they need to prove that they have the funds to subsidize the Club, if needed, under certain circumstances? Just asking
  • Options
    Isn't that what we were told was the reason for the delay?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t the delay due to ensuring we were not being bought by the same family that own Man City?
  • Options
    Lovely reading.

The shop should start selling mops, washing tablets and talcum powder. They would make a killing from all those wetting themselves.
  • Options
    I did wonder about Roland's comment when the takeover was announced. 'Enjoy the moment' I thought that was strange perhaps we are now finding out why.
  • Options
    Haven’t we been through all this with ESI wanting to take control of all footballing matters in Jan, so an agreement has been written up re legal ownership to be done in due course?
    I think the confusion has been caused by MS saying last week they have purchased the footballing side and The Valley and they have a legal obligation to purchase the Training Ground in six months.

Today's news appears to show that they have not purchased The Valley though? 
    Confusion ? He's lied simple as 
  • Options
    Wasn’t the delay due to ensuring we were not being bought by the same family that own Man City?
    HaHa well i don't think that there's any doubt of that.

Are the Aussies still trying to find some people with money ?
  • Options
    Lots of red flags here for me ! ESI do not own the Valley or Training ground. While he may have been an agent MS has no experience running a football club. Backing out of deals for 1k quid a week. Maddison reportedly not happy with contract offered and let they Conor walk away probably because Chelsea asked for more money. Doesn't sound like a lot of money floating around. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    5 months since they became interested end of August .
    All the searches and due diligence on purchase of Sparrows Lane and The Valley would be done by solicitors and surveyors that would I’m certain not be involved in the footballing side , as in anything that would clash with the January footballing window and signing up our management team.
    So hurry up and get it done !
    It becomes easier if they don’t have to do too many checks on the building infrastructure due to looking to re build like at Sparrows Lane with permission already given .
    Surely having done their homework  they would know the importance of The Valley to this Club and fans and would know 100% where we are at and not be making this as mixed up as they have .
    Simple honesty from the start .

Show me the money ......

• Options
    Slightly off topic, but it's relevant as it's something Mr Southall said. 

The £15 million investment for the training ground, on the prevision that they actually end up buying it.  How much where the grants worth that RD decided he didn't want or need and he would pay for it himself?

I seem to remember that the original planes were largely paid for by grants.  I am probably wrong but thought it was worth thinking about. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Slightly off topic, but it's relevant as it's something Mr Southall said. 

The £15 million investment for the training ground, on the prevision that they actually end up buying it.  How much where the grants worth that RD decided he didn't want or need and he would pay for it himself?

I seem to remember that the original planes were largely paid for by grants.  I am probably wrong but thought it was worth thinking about. 
    Approx £6m but unlikely they are still available in the same form and would require a much higher integration with the Community Trust
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant article @Weegie Addick
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    It is a bit worrying that they have not yet bought the Valley.

But it is massively worrying that they said they had, but haven't. Could just be a mistake, but it's a big one.

This is the main issue for me.