Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City away [8/2/20] - 1,900 sold (on sale till 1pm Friday)

Comments

• Options
    Decided to go, getting the slow train there and back £21 return, new ground for me but i did go to Victoria ground for a  midweek match when we wore our green and white hooped away shirt, can't remember the score but sure we lost, it must have been mid nineties i have a feeling Simon Sturridge played for them.
  • Options
    I had to cancel the planned holiday this week so I will now be at the match, although regrettably not with the faithful in the away end. Fear not, I will still be singing along with you all - I would hope to get away with it without being thrown out!! 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I had to cancel the planned holiday this week so I will now be at the match, although regrettably not with the faithful in the away end. Fear not, I will still be singing along with you all - I would hope to get away with it without being thrown out!! 
    Why not? Tickets are still available in the away end?
  • Options
    gonna be near on 2,000 up there, that's a cracking effort and will certainly make some noise
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I hope they'll be sections where I can stand and watch the game, hate sitting down...especially on an away day.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    My guess is we’ve sold a lot less than people think we have.  
    Why?

It's pretty common knowledge our away support has improved, it's a big game for us and the main factor is it's a ground we haven't played at since 2007, so will be a new ground for many of the younger fans.
    And it's only an hour and a half on the train from Euston to Stoke.

Stoke should be ten hours from Euston.
    Yeh but you wouldn't get near nigh 2000 fans going then. Gotcha! 😀

The lucky 2,000
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JohnnyH2 said:
    My guess is we’ve sold a lot less than people think we have.  

Lower case 'b' - I thank you!

And that's one of the very few places in the stadium where you could take a picture and not see any of the away end!
  • Options
    The lad is taking a couple of Utd/Citeh mates with him for educational purposes. Although to be fair they don’t half enjoy away days with us when they get a chance to go with him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was wrong then. Superb
  • Options
    Our away support swelling, up the Charlton.
  • Options
    I would have expected 900/1000 for this, if it’s 1500ish or more then that’s excellent from us / by our standards 
    When I went there in '98 we had about 500.

As I have said before, our away support for the past 2 seasons has been fantastic.
    I reckon we had 300 there last time we played them. I recall us rattling around in that entire end in the days before it was split. Mind you it was a 17:30 kick off on Sky, in the school holidays etc etc..

We've come a long way in the last few years, our numbers are now passable. Happy days  
    It was also first game of the season after relegation from the Premiership. Still a poor turn out. 
  • Options
    I would have expected 900/1000 for this, if it’s 1500ish or more then that’s excellent from us / by our standards 
    When I went there in '98 we had about 500.

As I have said before, our away support for the past 2 seasons has been fantastic.
    I reckon we had 300 there last time we played them. I recall us rattling around in that entire end in the days before it was split. Mind you it was a 17:30 kick off on Sky, in the school holidays etc etc..

We've come a long way in the last few years, our numbers are now passable. Happy days  
    There were a few more than that, about 400-500 I’ve just read back but it was a grim day and took me 5 hours to get there.

For a team that’s had just come out the Prem, our line up looked awful

Weaver; Moutaouakil, Thatcher, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Ambrose, Reid; Bent, McLeod.
    Not as bad as it looks. That team flew out the blocks that year, think the stoke game was our only defeat in first 10 or 11 and we were right up there until mid Feb. 
  • Options
    I was wrong then. Superb

Apology accepted.
  • Options
    I imagine a lot going by train (I am) - I’m going to get the 12.00 train - anyone else planning to get that train ?
  • Options
    I hope they'll be sections where I can stand and watch the game, hate sitting down...especially on an away day.
    I can’t remember the last time I got to sit down away so I reckon you’ll be fine.
  • Options
    I imagine a lot going by train (I am) - I’m going to get the 12.00 train - anyone else planning to get that train ?

Think I'll be getting the 11:20, want to be in the pub for an hour or two before the game.

Couldn't find anything on their OS as to what the away fan pub is. Anyone?

• Options
    Excellent turn-out for a side just above the relegation zone with two wins in whatever! Well done to everyone going. Hope you can roar us onto a result
  • Options

Think I'll be getting the 11:20, want to be in the pub for an hour or two before the game.

Couldn't find anything on their OS as to what the away fan pub is. Anyone?

Mate of mine is an Gooner - he says there is a pub near station called The Terrace which is for away fans and is also where the Police pick up away fans from in buses to take you to ground - he said you get next to no home fans in this pub - look on google maps and it’s a 5 min walk from station going north’ish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me and 6 others on the 10:20 from Euston (arrives at 11:48).
  • Options
    On that train too, I’ve heard that particular one is going to be packed with cafc.
  • Options
    On that train too, I’ve heard that particular one is going to be packed with cafc.
    Ditto.
  • Options
    Wish I was going to this. Will have to make do with Forest next Tuesday. Good numbers, well done all those going.
  • Options
    Wish I was going to this. Will have to make do with Forest next Tuesday. Good numbers, well done all those going.

Your turn in the dungeon Saturday Gaz? 
  • Options
    we are on the 9.20
  • Options
    320 tickets remaining according to the website 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Out of how many?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Smithy said:
    Out of how many?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Smithy said:
    Out of how many?
    Isn't clear but there were about 500 tickets remaining when the club announced we had sold over 1700. Using that I'd say we're close to 1900.