Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd today?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    I think 20K is just about in the decent zone, any less would have been disappointing. Hopefully will be even bigger at Barnsley with the free ticket offer and some of those fans will come back. 
    Likely to be lower given that Barnsley probably won’t bring more than 2,000 
    Surprised if they bring more than about 800.
    Season ticket holders of Barnsley can bring a friend for free.
    That’s a bit daft, given it means half the away fans don’t need to pay. It’s a better offer for them than us.

Unless the rules have changed it’s not necessary either.
    You mean the ones that have season tickets 
    No, because the STs can buy for the non STs - and for each other. Whereas the idea is to bring in home fans who are not season-ticket holders, and it cannot be used to benefit season-ticket holders, with the away season ticket holders they can presumably buy for each other, so their season-ticket holders will benefit directly (and Charlton not at all, as there is no likely repeat visit).

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I think 20K is just about in the decent zone, any less would have been disappointing. Hopefully will be even bigger at Barnsley with the free ticket offer and some of those fans will come back. 
    The free ticket deal will probably mean a home sell out and the need to take some of the Jimmy Seed stand surely.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    That’s a bit daft, given it means half the away fans don’t need to pay. It’s a better offer for them than us.

No, because the STs can buy for the non STs. 
    So what? If it means a Barnsley fan who might not have been able to afford it can now do so, good.
    Spread the jam... 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Redskin said:
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:

So what? If it means a Barnsley fan who might not have been able to afford it can now do so, good.
    Spread the jam... 
    Fine, if that’s the objective. I assumed it was to encourage home supporters to attend, which is about generating revenue in the medium term, not just giving it up at one game.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    The free ticket deal will probably mean a home sell out and the need to take some of the Jimmy Seed stand surely.
    The home support really isn’t going from 16,500 against West Brom to 24,000 for Barnsley. 
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:

Spread the jam... 
    Fine, if that’s the objective. I assumed it was to encourage home supporters to attend, which is about generating revenue in the medium term, not just giving it up at one game.
    You assume correctly, and that Barnsley fans are afforded the same deal is a happy by product. Don't be such a misery guts.
  • Options
    It just doesn’t make any real sense other than to boost the number of seats filled in the south.

im convinced this is HEs first visit and they simply want to fill the ground for it.
    Obvious newby who doesn't know the true name of the away end.

Probably first of many glory boys who'll sign up now we're rich
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The home support really isn’t going from 16,500 against West Brom to 24,000 for Barnsley. 
    If we sign a player or two, Bowyer signs a contract, or Taylor, or beat Fulham you might be surprised. 
  • Options
    Still have too pay the booking fee for the Barnsley match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:

No, because the STs can buy for the non STs - and for each other. Whereas the idea is to bring in home fans who are not season-ticket holders, and it cannot be used to benefit season-ticket holders, with the away season ticket holders they can presumably buy for each other, so their season-ticket holders will benefit directly (and Charlton not at all, as there is no likely repeat visit).

Is that supposed to be a riddle ? 

I cant see the difference and how it supposedly benefits Barnsley more. If a season ticket holder buys a ticket for someone that usually attends on a match to match basis.. that's not improving return customers either, in fact the club lose out. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:

Is that supposed to be a riddle ? 

I cant see the difference and how it supposedly benefits Barnsley more. If a season ticket holder buys a ticket for someone that usually attends on a match to match basis.. that's not improving return customers either, in fact the club lose out. 
    I'm doing that myself, as then pensioner next to me buys on a match basis as he doesn't like evening games (too cold!)
  • Options
    Feel the club has stitched up our own fans here by offering away fans a deal yet half season tickets or valley gold have been offered nothing
  • Options
    Yea i really don't understand giving Barnsley an excuse to bring more fans. I'm sure his excellency would rather a Charlton win than a packed out away end. 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Yea i really don't understand giving Barnsley an excuse to bring more fans. I'm sure his excellency would rather a Charlton win than a packed out away end. 
    They were not likely to bring more than 700-800 IMO, even if they double that with this offer, still not a full Jimmy seed, plus the club gets a knock on benefit of any extra programmes, food and drink sold, minimal admittedly, but the PR alone is worth more. 
  • Options
    All I hope for is the 3 points!
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    I'm not sure that there will be that many more Barnsley fans. It may just mean that those that attend pay far less for tickets.