Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland in today’s Guardian

2»

Comments

• Options
    After taking a look today, I believe Coventry are best placed to win league 1. Of teams currently in top 7 which includes Coventry obviously. 5 of them have to go to Coventry. Coventry have also lost least games only 3, but drawn 11. In my view good position to kick on and win the league. 
    And of course no team likes being sent to Coventry!

Just one clean sheet in their last dozen games and like Sunderland last season too many draws might be their undoing - Sunderland only lost 5 of their 46 matches and as we know still didn't make automatic promotion.

It really is so open that I wouldn't want to back any of them although the form team is definitely Portsmouth (won 11 of last 15 in all comps)
  • Options
    Netflicks out soon .. will be a laugh!
    Spoiler alert, it doesn’t end well for them. 
  • Options
    I watched the original Netflix documentary yesterday and Stewart Donald looks exactly what he is, a rank opportunist.

He took a gamble and it has not paid off, simple as that really.

I just hope that Sunderland end up getting taken over by someone who can get them back into the Championship, they deserve that at least.

The bottom line is that Ellis Short pumped £200 million into Sunderland - basically a gift - and they somehow ended up in League One!

Incredible really when you think about it, it almost makes RDs tenure here look successful!

• Options
    Coventry's problem is having to play their home games at Birmingham.  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Watched a bit of the Leeds one on Amazon last night. Russell Crowe’s VO is laughable in places and the ‘world is against us’ mantra of Leeds fans made me shout at the tele. 

But there are some really great episodes in there. The transfer deadline one with Dan James all but signed is really interesting. 
    It’s worth a watch overall. 
  • Options
    Will Gregg linked with a loan to Salford!

The bed wetting on here when they spent 4 million on him and we got Parker 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are they the same people who think we can only get £1m for Taylor.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are they the same people who think we can only get £1m for Taylor.
    No, they are the ones who thought we were nailed on for promotion next season because we had a agreed a fee for Maddison, then 100% certain we would be relegated this season when the rumour re Gallagher broke. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I think Sunderland will get promoted. And I will be happy for them if they do. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    E_cafc said:
    Coventry's problem is having to play their home games at Birmingham.  
    It hasn't affected their home form though, 8 win at home versus only 2 away