Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you

Today feels almost as big as the back to The Valley day (not quite) but almost. As Charlton fans we’ve had some tough times and that’s not including what goes on on that big grassy bit we all stare for 90 minutes on a Saturday, today is the start of a new era a clean slate. Today sees us welcome a new ownership that will install that stability we’ve all been craving, that communication we’ve all been asking for and a club and it’s fans working together to achieve success both on and off the pitch. So if we’ve been a supporter of the previous regime or not, it’s surely time to move on from that horrible era in Charlton’s history and forget our differences and start to rebuild this club, a fullish Valley celebrating a new dawn so go and enjoy it. As today as the Red, Red Robin booms out remember without those that protested or those that never missed a game, without those staff members that left the club or those that stayed and held the club together without all of them it could’ve been a different outcome. Today is a very sad day also for those fans who lost loved ones in those past six years they won’t be here to celebrate this special day with you all, so spare a thought for them. Whatever the result today, look around The Valley when it’s rocking, take it all in. This is your family, your football club, your Charlton. 
COYR

Comments

• Options
    Well said, couldn’t agree more.

COYR!
  • Options
    Well said = and we might get beaten today but I am also now back for every game with my Son and I am sure we will, with time, start to move on to better days !! COYR.
  • Options
    Well said Ray, I will remember my step-father who first took me to the Valley and who died this Summer. It's great to be back and I hope everyone has a good day, irrespective of the result.
  • Options
    Very excited about this one. Win, lose or draw it truly marks the start on a new era. Thank you to everyone who help pressure the rat in to selling and thank you to everyone at ESI for giving us new hope. Woke up this morning feeling fine...
  • Options
    Just watched the copa90 video. |Goes so well along with Ray's fine words. 

https://youtu.be/JmVt8WJNXys

Late decision just made to get along today