Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Special visitor to the Museum today

edited January 2020 in General Charlton
https://t.co/i0r7AEHbaq">pic.twitter.com/i0r7AEHbaq</a></p>&mdash; Charlton Athletic Museum (@CHATHMuseum) <a href="">

Comments

• Options
    A pleasure to welcome Keith , his wife and friends to the museum today. While watching the centenary DVD he told us that back in the 60's the players received ' crowd money '. On top of their weekly wage  ( approx £25 a week ) , appearance and win bonus they received £1 for every 1,000 over a 10,000 attendance. He used to tell the wife ' Don't watch the football , count the crowd '
    Another reason why crowds were regularly understated. 
  • Options
    How long doe it take to have a reasonable look round @Henry Irving I would like to have a look but probably cant get there till 10 past 12. Worth it?
  • Options
    How long doe it take to have a reasonable look round @Henry Irving I would like to have a look but probably cant get there till 10 past 12. Worth it?
    You’d need at least an hour to look round @Henry Irving :-))
    And two to walk round. ;)
  • Options
    Flipping eck Keithy Keithy Peacock looks the tallest out of the four of them!
  • Options
    Was a pleasure to raise the glass to my favorite lady the Queen today with the friendship cup 

noticed it said property of cafc Museum on the box  
  • Options
    Was a pleasure to raise the glass to my favorite lady the Queen today with the friendship cup 

noticed it said property of cafc Museum on the box  
    Yep, my lovely handwriting just in case it went missing : - )
  • Options
    Great bit of history that as sir KP told his story and then I hear the story’s of yes gone buy and the cup full of champers 

Charlton 
    Rangers 
    everton 
    stoke 
    WBA

The only ones with the pleasure of still being able to do it 

• Options
    Great bit of history that as sir KP told his story and then I hear the story’s of yes gone buy and the cup full of champers 

Charlton 
    Rangers 
    everton 
    stoke 
    WBA

Did they pass it round the boardroom @nth_london_addick with bubbly in it. Great stuff.

There's a short video on OS twitter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love hearing the stories like that especially when you know it came from the King himself to get to hold it was a real pleasure and privilege 

the good days will return the cup will get it’s fill next yr hopefully
  • Options
    I love hearing the stories like that especially when you know it came from the King himself to get to hold it was a real pleasure and privilege 

the good days will return the cup will get it’s fill next yr hopefully
    Available for any to see, and hold if you ask nicely, whenever the museum is open
  • Options

Charlton 
    Rangers 
    everton 
    stoke 
    WBA

Did they pass it round the boardroom @nth_london_addick with bubbly in it. Great stuff.

There's a short video on OS twitter.

• Options
    Shame we weren't allowed in by the stewards at 12.45pm because some Johnny come Lately was being shown round the museum.
  • Options
    Stewards have been a real pain in recent weeks.