Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Bromich Albion v Charlton | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

edited January 2020 in General Charlton
So the normal bloke that does this doesn't seem to have stepped up so i thought i'd give it a go.

It's a big game on Saturday - Football is the name of the game and it will involve Charlton verses a bunch of men in blue and white pajamas.

Somewhere between 11 and say 14 people (most likely all men, although the odd boy has fronted recently) will play for Charlton.

We could have some injured players back playing some sort of a role.... perhaps plaiting other substitutes hair, jiggling their legs up and down, and blowing into their hands.

Those on the field will play in a formation.

I predict Dillon Phillips will be selected to play in goal having had his best games in that role this season. It's more difficult to pick the other 10. Possibly Naby Sarr will play a Centre-Half come Number 10.

We'll be aiming to win this game. I have a discomforting suspicion WBA will be trying to win as well.

KiwiValley's prediction

• 2-1 to the Addicks.
  • 20 Chips in a serving
  • 19,000 through the door 

Win Lose or Draw, ...enjoy the first league game out from under the yoke of that moron in Belgium!

If the regular poster of these match previews wants to add to this by all means try and better me.

Comments

• Options
    It's a "Like" from me, even though you let yourself down with the "try and".

I'm not sure 18 and 19 year olds count as boys.  Woefully underprepared and overplayed young men, though, certainly.  For this I blame Roland who didn't give LLB the finances to put together a squad with five men in each position.
  • Options
    Oh, yes, a score prediction.  Unless we get some more bodies in by noon to-day I predict a tonking, 1-4.
  • Options
    It's a "Like" from me, even though you let yourself down with the "try and".

I'm not sure 18 and 19 year olds count as boys.  Woefully underprepared and overplayed young men, though, certainly.  For this I blame Roland who didn't give LLB the finances to put together a squad with five men in each position.
    A KiwiValley perhaps plain Kiwi idiom 
  • Options
    Takeover bounce. Everyone’s happy. 2-0 win. 
  • Options
    5-0 Charlton 
    Green x3
    Pratley
    Williams
  • Options
    Everybody will be up for this on the pitch, normally leads to a let down on the pitch.

Really looking forward to this so I hope I am wrong

0-2 WBA will be to strong for the under strength Addicts
  • Options
    Stroll for the baggies 0-3.
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton , when things start to look glum , is when we suddenly pull something unexpected out of the bag , Gallagher with the late goal.
  • Options
    I don't think we will lose this one, keep it tight and then unleash JW for the last 30 mins to create some magic.

Green to score on his league debut
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phillips 
    Matthews, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington 
    Pratley
    Green, Morgan, Gallagher, Doughty 
    Davidson

Bit is a buzz from the crowd, plenty of blocks and endeavour and a well deserved 1-1, Gallagher with the strike.
  • Options
    Lulled into a false sense of superiority by a 1-0 win from a deflected shot against a team with yet more debutants including one only 16 years old, in front of a largely indifferent and less vocal Charlton Covered End (the FA Cup, who gives fck, we’re Charlton Athletic and we’re going up) and a significantly emptier Valley last weekend, WBA are there for the taking. 2-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    A hard fought 1-1 draw from me. 
    Phillips 
    Matthews , Lockyer , Pearce , Sarr 
    Gallagher , Pratley , Morgan , Doughty , Desi 
    Green 
  • Options
    You fell at the First fence @KiwiValley
    West Bromwich aren't the home team !
  • Options
    I cannot see any goals coming from our current team sadly, until we add some beef up front.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    As I understand it, captains of both teams meet in the central circle , the ref tosses a coin and the Captain who selects the correct side of the coin gets to choose whether his team is the home or away team. This being the case, home and away can’t be determined until near kick off .
  • Options
    Soz was going to upload my usual one shortly

P.S. We're @ home
  • Options
    3-1 to the Baggies. Last goal scored in 8th minute of injury time after we narrowly fail to equalise...
  • Options
    As I understand it, captains of both teams meet in the central circle , the ref tosses a coin and the Captain who selects the correct side of the coin gets to choose whether his team is the home or away team. This being the case, home and away can’t be determined until near kick off .
    Thank you for your reply, I knew about the new rules on Goal kicks but didn't realize about the new rule on the toss up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I predict the strongest subs bench since October.
  • Options
    I wonder if we're going to be in for a surprise... My line up was:

Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
    Morgan | Pratley | Doughty
    Gallagher
    Green | Davison

Subs: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Oshilaja | Sarr | Williams | Hemed | Forster-Caskey

Bowyer in the press conference said there was potentially one other (who I'd presume to be Aneke) who could be involved so means:

(1) We wont have Oshilaja and Sarr on the bench
    (2) This fourth player isnt going to be fit (my prediction)
    (3) One of Williams | Hemed | JFC | Fourth Player will start with Doughty or Morgan left out completely
  • Options
    He seemed to forget who was coming back but I doubt it is anything groundbreaking? 
  • Options
    Referee? 
  • Options
    Referee? 
    Jarred Gillett... same one from the Reading game

The fella over from Australia
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Oshilaja | Purrington
    Morgan | Pratley | Doughty
    Gallagher
    Green | Davison

Subs: Maynard-Brewer | Solly | Pearce | Forster-Caskey | Williams | Hemed | Aneke

1-1

Sarr dropped from squad for first time in a while.
  • Options
    I think it will be tight, wouldn't be surprised if we draw, but could be a narrow 2-1 win to either side

We won't get tonked
    We won't get a clean sheet either