Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI own The Valley and have a commitment to buy the training ground within 6 months hmmmmmmmm

ESI have confirmed they own The Valley as part of their takeover and have a commitment to buy the club’s training ground within the next six months.

Comments

• Options
    Does seem strange.
  • Options
    Very worrying, if true.
  • Options
    So they have just bought Baton then.  This could get messy. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Well well well...

I pointed out the owner's plans were shared by Bowyer. He said they were for us to become a stable Championship club first and then push on from there. That is no lofty megabucks plan that some on here have been pushing. 

I was told that was a "smokescreen" and not a fact. Probably to hide the fact they have serious, serious cash and are going to splash it to get us back to the premier league next year.

I'm not going to say I told you so.

Actually, I am. I TOLD YOU SO.

I'm glad this has happened, some people need a bloody reality check.
  • Options
    Never easy following Charlton. At least it's the training ground rather than the Valley 
  • Options
    Very worrying, if true.
    Here we go. Perhaps one of the conditions of purchase was that some work was completed within 6 months. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Very worrying, if true.
    Here we go. Perhaps one of the conditions of purchase was that some work was completed within 6 months. 
    Hopefully but if there was such a caveat why wouldn’t that have been added to the article 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No. Baton own both CA Football and Holdings companies. The Holding co own the Valley and Training ground. More likely just a delay so they can concentrate on footballing priorities and then complete in the summer at agreed price.
  • Options
    Guessing time
    Maybe  if we stay up they then pay £5m for it 
    And if we’re relegated they pay £1m for it 
    a bit like when Roland took over I think he was gonna pay £4m less if we got relegated I think to the spivs 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No. Baton own both CA Football and Holdings companies. The Holding co own the Valley and Training ground. More likely just a delay so they can concentrate on footballing priorities and then complete in the summer at agreed price.
    But this means that the legal entity that ties the property and the football club has been split up. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But this means that the legal entity that ties the property and the football club has been split up. 
    How is that even possible without the trust being notified under the terms of the ACV?
  • Options
    Someone on twatter ask Crawley for some clarification or more meat to the bones 
    the nosey fuckers that are Charlton fans in the words of Marvin Gaye want to know what’s going on , what’s going on 
  • Options
    Seems a bit bizarre. 

So they've paid 50m+ (or whatever the price was) and don't actually own everything?
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    redbuttle said:
    Very worrying, if true.
    Or it could be a wise move, didn’t Roland piss off the rugby club and they began legal proceedings? Perhaps waiting for Roland to sort that mess out before purchasing? Clean title isn’t just about loans it could also mean they don’t want to fix rolands mess
    This would be my guess 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Just a silly thought, I wonder if Roland is asking to much for a bit of land that can only be used as a training ground or similar, and has no chance of generating money by converting into houses etc. Wonder if new owners might be considering purchasing a new training ground and developing this, thus leaving Roland with a nice piece of useless real estate. No surely to much to ask for. 

My guess Roland has to sort the legal dispute out with the rugby club, which seems the obvious answer.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How is that even possible without the trust being notified under the terms of the ACV?
    If the training ground was slit off, the owner of the Valley would still be the holdings company.  So nothing changed to notify? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a bit bizarre. 

So they've paid 50m+ (or whatever the price was) and don't actually own everything?
    Maybe they’ve only paid something like £30m?
  • Options
    Seems a bit bizarre. 

Who says they spent £50,000,000..........no one knows!
  • Options
    edited January 2020