Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you want and don't you want from this ownership?

Of course it is arrogant to assume that we would or could get what we want and I'm sure owners have their own ways of doing things.

But in an ideal world, or if you owned us and were in EIS's position now  what would be your top dos and don'ts of owning our great club? 

I'm sure we all have different ideas but would be interesting to know of any common dos and don'ts among us.

Comments

• Options
    Open, honest and communicative, but realistic and not over promising!
  • Options
    Finish above the scum 
    and being greedy maybe one day finish above the croydon mob who are light years above us and have been for a while now
  • Options
    Free away train travel.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the artisan cheese bar. 
  • Options
    When they have finished sorting everything else out can they sort out some decent caterers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To get better as a club each season.
  • Options
    Vegan cheese
  • Options
    One that puts in the calibre of a Watford/Cardiff/West Brom/Fulham.  

Would be over the moon to be a yo-yo club between the top two divisions.  The excitement of promotion, the disappointment of relegation but knowing we could bounce back, with a mixture of known talent and academy graduates (that we don’t have to sell).

• Options
    Want: stability

Don’t want: instability 

Simple as that for right now.

• Options

So, arm rests on the seats?
  • Options
    Short term:  More players to win some games
    Medium term:  Better players to win most games
    Long term:  Entertaining football in which we win most games.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I don’t want @ElfsborgAddick allowed in the ground. He has turned his back on the club one too many times. 
  • Options
    To invest in the academy and to make sure our young talent is properly contracted. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Hats

No bad hats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honesty, A will to win and attendance from the owner would be great! 
  • Options

So, arm rests on the seats?
    Yes but they have to be properly attached so as to be stable.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    North lower safe standing.
  • Options
    Hope
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Want - for clubs to stop seeing us as a soft touch. Used to really wind me up how clubs would take advantage of us being handicapped by RD, Driesen etc and pick off our best players for peanuts or frees, not even to Premier League teams but the likes of Bauer, Morrison, Aribo I want this ownership to immediately put an end to our days of being a soft touch. Granted the likes of Lookman and Gomez will always be difficult to keep no matter who the owner is but a competent owner instead of RD would not have allowed certainly Bauer, Morrison, Aribo to leave so cheaply/freely.

I also want the club to be prudent with contracts, do not allow any of our best players to go within the last 12 months of there contracts eg Lockyer only signed in the summer but has proven himself at this level IMO reflected by his Wales call ups. Reward this with a new long term deal and look to get him tied down ASAP, don't let him enter his last 12 months and potentially leave us on a free. 

Don't Want - For us to lose our best players to teams in The Championship. Pretty much as above.
  • Options
    I don’t want @ElfsborgAddick allowed in the ground. He has turned his back on the club one too many times. 
    Shame, as I was gonna buy you a beer next Saturday.
  • Options
    I wanted the bloody end of bloody roland
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I wanted the bloody end of bloody roland
    Just 6 months more , 6 more months , we’re just having a look behind the sofa or if we sell Lyle it might be all done 
  • Options
    Their view on the training ground situation to minimise months of speculation and rumours.
  • Options
    Fair contracts encouraging continuity of squads to be improved incrementally. 

No flirting with FFP and having to do dodgy deals to circumvent.