Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Turning Point of the Season

I really think that the 3rd round of the FA Cup could be the turning point of our season.
With us losing and Fulham winning we now know that we only have two games until the end of January. This is a perfect opportunity to ease some of our injured players back and should we bring anyone new in, to slowly introduce them.
This team is not going down and is only looking upwards. The kids that have come in have shown that they can fill in, when and if required. 

Comments

• Options
    I really think that the 3rd round of the FA Cup could be the turning point of our season.
    With us losing and Fulham winning we now know that we only have two games until the end of January. This is a perfect opportunity to ease some of our injured players back and should we bring anyone new in, to slowly introduce them.
    This team is not going down and is only looking upwards. The kids that have come in have shown that they can fill in, when and if required. 
    Getting points against the teams around us is the key.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Agreed and as I mentioned the other day we have back to back six pointers against Barnsley home on 1st Feb then Stoke away 8th Feb.
  • Options
    February is so key....

playing 4 of the teams below us (as it stands)
  • Options
    It certainly will be and we can't always be relied upon to raise our game for the lesser teams.
    All of the teams near the bottom appear to have difficult fixtures in the next month or so.
    I'm confident that Bowyer will have us ready for those games against the teams around and below us. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Taylor going away on International duty in September.
  • Options
    Not much point in looking at things that have already happened and can't be changed, but I can see where you are coming from. 
  • Options
    Not much point in looking at things that have already happened and can't be changed, but I can see where you are coming from. 
    Going out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, as per the OP, has already happened and can’t be changed either.
     ;) 
  • Options
    It certainly will be and we can't always be relied upon to raise our game for the lesser teams.
    All of the teams near the bottom appear to have difficult fixtures in the next month or so.
    I'm confident that Bowyer will have us ready for those games against the teams around and below us. 
    My (big)gut feeling is that if we drop into the bottom 3 we'll eventually go down.
  • Options
    Got to use those two weeks to reset and treat the remaining 18 games as a new mini season. We will be alright, I trust the management team to get it right.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We've just played Swansea and West Brom with the kids and have been unlucky to lose on both occasions

Fair enough it wasnt the West Brom first team but was still more experienced than ours - Says it all for me the state of the squad

Stop having to play so many each game (wont hurt if one or two can make the team) and we'll be fine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Williams is back in the playing squad and Cullen is perhaps two weeks away. Together with Gallagher that is the guts of our midfield back. A couple of half decent acquisitions during this transfer window and we should manage to avoid the drop.
  • Options
    And the week where we lost Williams and Field to knee injuries in consecutive games, plus JFC to a hamstring injury. That knocked the heart out of our midfield and meant that Bowyer couldn't rotate like he wanted to