Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Bond Theme Tune

Comments

• Options
    I can only assume you were not alive when he was playing the role......for years he WAS actually known as James Bond rather than Shaun Connery........he more or less invented the role and made it uniquely his own by which all others were to follow.
    Most people from my generation have never really accepted those that followed, for us there was only ever one James Bond and forever will be only one James Bond and that is Shaun Connery’s portrayal as is embedded forever in our memories.
    Shaun Connery creepy, WTF are you on about.....you obviously threw that in for effect.
    Sadly I am old enough to remember. . He’s a hairy old man who sleeps with women 20- 30 years younger than himself .
     In any other walk of life that would be seen as creepy . Yuk . Oh and he isn’t even a very good actor in my opinion. 
    You sound pretty creepy yourself.....as such I’m outa here! :s
    :smiley:  Thanks 
  • Options
    FFS - this thread has made me go full Partridge and put together a Bond playlist, so thanks for that. Fwiw, top 3 in no particular order would be Nobody Does It Better, Skyfall and possibly A View To a Kill, which I've always thought is a very underrated track. Live and Let Die is obviously up there too, and even the Sam Smith one which I hated at the time I now find to be half-decent. The Chris Cornell tune, which I barely knew before this thread, is a belter - really like it.
  • Options
    I can only assume you were not alive when he was playing the role......for years he WAS actually known as James Bond rather than Shaun Connery........he more or less invented the role and made it uniquely his own by which all others were to follow.
    Most people from my generation have never really accepted those that followed, for us there was only ever one James Bond and forever will be only one James Bond and that is Shaun Connery’s portrayal as is embedded forever in our memories.
    Shaun Connery creepy, WTF are you on about.....you obviously threw that in for effect.
    Who is Shaun Connery?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sean’s opinions on slapping women...

https://youtu.be/oo0d1zTAFKA

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Sean’s opinions on slapping women...

https://youtu.be/oo0d1zTAFKA

Wow . What a charming man 
  • Options
    1st Live & Let Die

2nd For Your Eyes Only

3rd View To A Kill
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Live and Let Die
    Nobody Does it Better
    Writings on the wall
    Goldfinger 
    Diamonds are Forever 

I actually quite like The Living Daylights but it is quite hard to admit. A View to a Kill not bad either.
  • Options
    Nobody does it better - Carly Simon 
    Daniel Craig is a brilliant Bond as well
  • Options
    Who is Shaun Connery?
    Shaun Newton's mate. 
  • Options
    Diamonds are forever really stands out for me...lust at first site with Lana Wood as Plenty O'Toole....I was only 12 at the time :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Living Daylights
    view to a kill
    live and let die 
  • Options
    Confirmed that theme for Bond 25, No Time To Die.
    Will be written and performed by Billie Eilish
  • Options
    who exactly is billie eilish when hes at home?
  • Options
    He’s a she when she is at home.
  • Options
    He’s a she when she is at home.
    And when away from home.
  • Options

• Options
    Forgot to add:
    We have all the time in the World - classic bond track that Guinness used for an ad back in the eighties.
  • Options

Great, can't wait to hear it, sure she'll smash it. Not my usual cup of tea is Billie but there is something about her music I like. 'Everything I Wanted' is in my head constantly at the moment. Her brother Finneas is very talented too.
  • Options
    Goldfinger, but Magazine's version.
    Another shout out for Devoto’s wonderful vocalisation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Formulaic borefest.  Doesn't deserve a place on this "Best..." thread.
  • Options
    Christ.

I'm sure you'd find the time if you listened to that too many times!
  • Options
    One Dennis Bond
    There’s only one Dennis Bond
    One Dennis Bond
    There’s only one Dennis Bond
  • Options
    Christ.

I'm sure you'd find the time if you listened to that too many times!
    I'm reaching for my revolver right now.  What a borefest that was.
  • Options
    "No Time To Die" doesn't do a lot for me. Prefer the power ballads to this haunting type Bond theme tune.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just as a point of order.
    I posted it here as it was the thread used when discussing Billie Eilish getting the gig last month.
    Wasn't worth starting a new thread was it.
  • Options
    errrr .. wake me up when the film starts .. Bond's gone all sentimental and slushy .. his job is to go out there and kill for his country .. pull yourself together man f f s
  • Options
    I like it . Billy The Fish has done a good job there .
  • Options
    I like it.  There are (apparently) hidden meanings in the words too.  Looks like it could be goodbye to Mr Craig.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Goldfinger.

No ifs no buts, Dame Shirley B all the way.