Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who owns the Valley? - The Ownership Thread

Comments

• Options
    I think it is where we all have to sit.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I wonder how keen ESI will be to follow through with their commitment to purchase the Valley and the training ground by June/July, if we find ourselves back in League One, and without Bowyer?
  • Options
    We have to hope that doesn't happen. Apparently Bowyer is close to signing and relegation is certainly not a certainty. I will feel easier when a few come in though.
  • Options
    There’s no questions need answering

this is the biggest problem people poking their noses where it’s not needed 

If people stop looking for negative news stories to break to feel important you will all feel better in the long run 

disagree. this is a fundamental question. first he says they bought The Valley with Sparrows Lane to follow. now he says that currently they have bought neither. if that doesn't bother you then fine but it sure as hell bothers me. 

Finding all that out in the first 2 months is important why 

There’s bitterness and trouble making a foot 

fall for it at your peril 
    Well shall we just believe everything our new owners say without question even when we find they are not telling us the truth?

When we have a new chairman and one of the first things he does is paint chairman in a parking space when to my mind their are more important matters(like sorting the pot holes) seems very “weird” to me.

Dont really feel like a parking space is the issue here
  • Options
    I wonder how keen ESI will be to follow through with their commitment to purchase the Valley and the training ground by June/July, if we find ourselves back in League One, and without Bowyer?
    According to Southall it is a contractual commitment - so that could be interesting.
  • Options
    Pico said:

If only we had a supporters trust that could ask these sort of questions.

Seems to me that it is because CAST did ask questions about ownership of The Valley that this issue has come to light.

A follow up question on this would have clarified it but I imagine there was a time frame for the interview

• Options
    Pico said:

If only we had a supporters trust that could ask these sort of questions.

Seems to me that it is because CAST did ask questions about ownership of The Valley that this issue has come to light.

A follow up question on this would have clarified it but I imagine there was a time frame for the interview

Pretty important question though, time frame or not.
  • Options
    Did we get an answer to the tweet someone sent MS last night. Thought not.

He can tweet & retweet all the bollox he likes about meeting this person & that person, but the important stuff........nah, he's not interested.
  • Options

He can tweet & retweet all the bollox he likes about meeting this person & that person, but the important stuff........nah, he's not interested.
    No reply to mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I do not do twitter, are you able to show the exchange please?
  • Options
    Roland said on TalkSport, he would give the club away providing the new owners brought The Valley & the training ground, so how much did ESI pay Roland?
  • Options
    Or..Have they paid Roland anything at this point?In
    Roland said on TalkSport, he would give the club away providing the new owners brought The Valley & the training ground, so how much did ESI pay Roland?
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I do not do twitter, are you able to show the exchange please?
    There was no exchange. I sent a tweet to Matt Southall (as did Davo55) asking for clarification re The Valley.
    We've not had a reply (which is hardly surprising).

He has now tweeted CAST's interview with him and a number of people have asked him to clarify.
  • Options
    Adult Charlton fans asking the important question after the CAST interview revealed an anomaly in Matt Southall's statement that CSI owned Cafc: Lock, stock and Barrel.

Good question Ladies and gentlemen and it doesn't mean you are incontinent during the night.
  • Options
    For tomorrow night.

"Mr Southall, please confirm Mr Duchatelet owns the freehold of The Valley as of the 24th January 2020".

• Options
    So! Who owns the Valley?
    Freehold / Leasehold
    Pitch and stands / car park
  • Options
    Don’t worry it will all be alright in next 6 months🤫
  • Options
    So this document on Companies House talks about the mortgaged properties, people with better understand will know 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history/MzI1NTQ4OTMxOGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Rothko said:
    So this document on Companies House talks about the mortgaged properties, people with better understand will know 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01788466/filing-history/MzI1NTQ4OTMxOGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0
    It looks to me as if there is an effective  mortgage to Staprix, which incorporates the old  directors' loans as a 'permitted encumbrance,' for all the Club property ie The Valley, the training ground and other odds and sods. All the property is described as 'leasehold' so it seems as if Roland (via Staprix ultimately presumably) remains as the freeholder. Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd still shows Duchatelet as having 75% or more significant control which would add credence to that theory.

What it is hard to tell, although I only skimmed it, is which entity now has legal title over the club 'leasehold property'. Anyone with access to land registry?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd isn't it? 
  • Options
    I understood that the whole 'ownership issue' was made clear to the chosen few at the meeting with Chairman Southall .. or is that not the complete picture ?
  • Options
    Didn’t think it was, as if the club went under, The Valley would also go. Thought it was Barton, can someone confirm?
  • Options
    Didn’t think it was, as if the club went under, The Valley would also go. Thought it was Barton, can someone confirm?
    Baton owns CAFC and Charlton Athletic Holdings. Baton is owned by Staprix. 

It appears ESI have bought CAFC, but not yet CA Holdings (which owns the freehold properties).

It also appears there's an agreement to buy CA Holdings during the Summer. 
  • Options
    The holding company own the land.  Judging by the assets listed against the charge on the football club, the football club own everything bar the pitch and the stands.  Roland now has a charge over the sky box, Bartram's, crossbars, the warehouse etc. 
  • Options
    How much are we paying in rent?
  • Options
    How much are we paying in rent?
    No-one has shared that information, but the most likely accurate bit of speculation is that there will be no rent.
  • Options
    No one “owns” land, you “hold” it.  All you own is moveable assets.

Clue is in freeHOLD and leaseHOLD. All that matters is the terms of your lease, the rent and who is liable for maintenance. Leasehold carries simiilar risks as a freeholder with a mortgage. Does anyone with a mortgage on their house regard the bank as the “owner”?

CAFC tenure with the lease property mortgaged is secure given a default on repayments risking eviction is a non issue if the loan is backed by a wealthy guarantor rather than reliant on club revenue..
  • Options
    Hello new friend.

So then, who owns what?
  • Options
    Hello new friend.

So then, who owns what?
    You heartless bastard!