Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many Of Our League Fixtures Have Been Moved Due To TV ( This Season)

As someone once said 'it is, what it is' but , 1/2 way through the season, i just wondered how many games have been moved due to being on Tv, and will Sky show a similar amount of our games on tv, as the first half, ( i know it might depend on how well we perform?) or has the novelty worn off yet?

I know its not about the fans anymore, but i'd booked a hotel to go to the Swansea game ( thankfully able to cancel it) but was gutted i couldn't go to the Swansea game, due to lack of time off.

Comments

• Options
    Fulham | Preston | Cardiff | Sheffield Wednesday | Derby | Swansea are the games moved from their original Kick-Off times
  • Options
    Fulham | Preston | Cardiff | Sheffield Wednesday | Derby | Swansea are the games moved from their original Kick-Off times
    Thankyou , so 6 games for the first half of the season, do you think it will be a similar amout for the 2nd half of the season, i'm guessing the Fulham @ Home will get moved for tv?
  • Options
    Thankyou , so 6 games for the first half of the season, do you think it will be a similar amout for the 2nd half of the season, i'm guessing the Fulham @ Home will get moved for tv?
    isn't Fulham at home FA Cup 4th round day?..............(obviously won't be an issue for us!)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Didn't we only have something like 3-4 games for the whole of last season?

I guess it gets more the higher you go?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Tickets have gone on sale for Fulham (its only three weeks away) so would be shocked if that happened

Dont forget though that the Fulham game is scheduled the same weekend as the FA Cup Fourth Round so if Fulham beat Aston Villa tomorrow (or if Charlton beat West Brom) the game will be re-arranged regardless

Likewise our game at Cardiff City will be re-arranged (currently 21st March) should either of us reach the Quarter-Finals of the Cup

Plus SKY have already got Championship games scheduled up until 1st February

Who knows what SKY will do though, as per the TV Agreement they dont have to show us again this season (contractually they have to show each team at home twice), they've done that for us three times 
  • Options
    There are also the midweek games that we've had to play on a Wednesday night instead of our traditional Tuesday so that the number of matches were evened up on both nights for the Red Button coverage.
  • Options
    There are also the midweek games that we've had to play on a Wednesday night instead of our traditional Tuesday so that the number of matches were evened up on both nights for the Red Button coverage.
    They're not re-arranged though are they
  • Options
    Have we won a game on telly this season? I feel like I haven't seen us win one even when we've been good
  • Options
    Have we won a game on telly this season? I feel like I haven't seen us win one even when we've been good
    Sorry i can't remember.
  • Options
    Yes; Bristol City - Although that was a red button game rather than a specifically scheduled game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tickets have gone on sale for Fulham (its only three weeks away) so would be shocked if that happened

Dont forget though that the Fulham game is scheduled the same weekend as the FA Cup Fourth Round so if Fulham beat Aston Villa tomorrow (or if Charlton beat West Brom) the game will be re-arranged regardless

Likewise our game at Cardiff City will be re-arranged (currently 21st March) should either of us reach the Quarter-Finals of the Cup

Who knows what SKY will do though, as per the TV Agreement they dont have to show us again this season (contractually they have to show each team at home twice), they've done that for us three times 
    Have we got any more games scheduled currently with Sky to be on the box?
  • Options

Nope, not unless you count the midweek games we've got left but they wont be moved
  • Options
    They may not have been re-arranged from a previously published date but they've certainly been moved due to TV, which was the original question - our midweek home games are normally Tuesday nights and we've had to play a couple on Wednesday.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    They may not have been re-arranged from a previously published date but they've certainly been moved due to TV, which was the original question - our midweek home games are normally Tuesday nights and we've had to play a couple on Wednesday.
    I see that as how the Championship have scheduled them when the Fixtures were first released though, rather than SKY getting their paws on them
  • Options

Nope, not unless you count the midweek games we've got left but they wont be moved
    Thank you , you're on the money , FA , i found this on the web (sorry i think i'm turning into a voice bot) 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

• Options
    edited January 2020

Thank you , you're on the money , FA , i found this on the web (sorry i think i'm turning into a voice bot) 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

Best link to go by: https://www.live-footballontv.com/charlton-athletic-on-tv.html

Although it needs updating as the below games will be on the red button at the very least:

Nottingham Forest (A) - Tuesday 11th February
    Sheffield Wednesday (A) - Wednesday 26th February
    Queens Park Rangers (H) - Tuesday 17th March

Seeing that all Boxing Day / New Year Fixtures were on the red button too I'd presume it'll be the same with the following over Easter (Unless SKY move them fora actual coverage)

Brentford (A) - Friday 10th April
    Reading (H) - Monday 13th April

But I'd be guessing for those two fixtures
  • Options
    I see that as how the Championship have scheduled them when the Fixtures were first released though, rather than SKY getting their paws on them
    Given the choice most teams would play their home midweek matches on a Tuesday evening although there are one or two that prefer to play on a Wednesday.

With Sky's Red Button coverage of midweek Championship matches some of the normal Tuesday matches have to be moved back a day to even up the number of matches in Sky's schedule. Every team will have a couple of home games on a Tuesday and a couple on a Wednesday.

Regardless of whether this fixturing was done the Football League off their own backs or whether Sky had a sneaky word behind the scenes before the fixture list was published, the fact is we've had to play two home games on a Wednesday evening instead of a Tuesday for TV purposes.
  • Options
    We’re just getting the Leeds Experience 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    For many fans, especially those who are older and those who now find it more difficult to get around, Charlton games on TV are wonderful. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    For many fans, especially those who are older and those who now find it more difficult to get around, Charlton games on TV are wonderful. 
    Or for those of us that also live further afield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes; Bristol City - Although that was a red button game rather than a specifically scheduled game
    I dont count that as being on tv........otherwise all games would be "on tv" as they can be streamed or on iplayer (I believe).
  • Options
    I dont count that as being on tv........otherwise all games would be "on tv" as they can be streamed or on iplayer (I believe).
    Bristol City was on SKY, just the red button rather than the main channel

Not all our games are on SKY are they
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fulham currently beating Aston Villa 1-0 so dont expect a league game on the 25th January @ the Valley at the moment

Edit: And as I write it; Aston Villa equalise
  • Options
    I don't want any more televised games, well not on real TV anyway.

I had a distinct feeling that we were much better kicking off at normal times so I've just checked our results for 3:00 kick-offs and compared to other times:

3:00 kick offs: 24 points from 14 games
    All other kick off times 4 points fromf 12 games

I know many of the televised games have been more recent but these stats don't make good reading. Can such a variance be purely coincidetal or is there something different about preparation that isn't working for us.

Anyway, regardless of the above, I like 3:00 kickoffs as they are a much better time for me to watch games here. It also means I've seen most of our better performances and missed the shitty ones.
  • Options
    Fulham currently beating Aston Villa 1-0 so dont expect a league game on the 25th January @ the Valley at the moment

Fulham winning 2-1
  • Options

Fulham winning 2-1
    Charlton v Fulham has been postponed then