Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Gritt - Resigned as Macclesfield assistant manager

Our former assistant manager has today walked out as assistant manager at Macclesfield. with The Silkmen third from bottom. 

Daryl McMahon has resigned as manager of financially-troubled Macclesfield Town, the club have confirmed.

The Silkmen are 22nd in League Two after a six-point penalty for non-payment of wages and failing to fulfil a fixture against Crewe on 7 December.

McMahon, 36, succeeded Sol Campbell as boss in August, however he leaves along with assistant Steve Gritt.

Comments

• Options
    Read elsewhere he’d been sacked. Appears that’s not the case.
  • Options
    Ahem....sorry about that my old friend. 😙
  • Options
    He has got no hair but we don't care!

Hopefully Gritty will get another role in the game asap. 
  • Options
    Scouting and coaching for Cafc in one of the age groups would be advantageous for Steve and Charlton.
  • Options
    I hope he received some wages whilst there,
    Sol Campbell wasn't paid for an extended period and I think is suing them for a considerable sum.
  • Options
    I was amazed McMahan and Gritt took the job. I guess nothing else was around at the moment, and the chance of EFL management too good to turn down even if the club was a complete basketcase.

I assume the 2 were living out of a suitcase while up there
  • Options
    Would like to think a position of some kind could be found for him at Sparrows Lane......mind you (forgive me for saying so), like a lot of us, he’s getting on a bit.
  • Options
    Gritty loves a challenge. Look how he dragged Brighton out of the mire when they were Conference bound 20 odd years back.

I reckon they relished the opportunity but sadly I assume the finances, or lack thereof, proved too much.