Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW YEARS EVE - Craig David on BBC tonight

2»

Comments

• I’ve always detested Craig David since him and his minders knocked me and a number of others flying at Twickenham before one of the NFL games, charging under the stand like the big I am. Probably thought he was Frank Sinatra, forget it son, you never will be. 

What really grated was that somewhere else in the stadium Nicole Swerzinger was making her way out to sing the anthem, as usual I was in the wrong place at the right time, so to speak.

• what would you have suggested sporadic ?
  • At least Craid David was live........Jools Holland was recorded a couple of weeks ago.
  • MrOneLung said:
    what would you have suggested sporadic ?
    Luckily for many (I'd imagine) I'm not Director General of the BBC, but if I were....

I have my own views on what the content could have been, but if you ask 50 people you'll probably get 50 different answers, so my view is as irrelevant as everyone else's. 

However, I challenge anyone to watch the attached link from about 32 minutes and state that this is the right content for the state broadcaster to put out, in the last minutes of the decade, in the minutes leading up to the fireworks, to a national audience.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000cy1d/craig-david-rocks-big-ben-live-part-1

The content is so inane and dumbed down that watching it again I'm even more annoyed. Does the BBC genuinely believe that at a key moment of the broadcasting year this is good?? I don't doubt that Craig David and Roman Kemp are excellent at what they do - I just cant see how they are the right choice for this moment. 

• BBC Scotland had Travis. No-brainer for me.
  • I thought Craig David was spot on, his slick vocals bring back good memories of my youth and he always turns up live. If I had managed to snare some poor female Born to do it would always get put on the CD player with the intention of having damp pinkies by the time rendezvous came on 

I appreciate why people didnt enjoy it and would rather see ZZ Top or Madness but he put a shift in and played the hits.

• Craig David has hits? Genuinely was not aware, cannot stand the bloke. 
  • Sponsored links:

• That's like a Poundland Gwyneth Paltrow treatment.
  • Craig David has hits? Genuinely was not aware, cannot stand the bloke. 
    See that's just it, if you don't like someone or something you won't absorb them. 

In the early 2000s he was enormous, to the point of radio saturation. Any commercial radio station at any one time would have definitely had one of his songs playing. I know,  I remember the annoyance of driving round flipping through radio stations to avoid them. Similar to Ed Sheeren now 
  • 99% of the entire schedule on the BBC over Christmas has been utter rubbish .. in my opinion of course ((:>)
  • Everyone has different tastes as this thread proves.