Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Egg Mayonnaise - Salad Cream or Mayonnaise

13»

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Mayo, salad creme, whatevers around... It's the pinch of cayenne pepper that makes the difference
  • edited January 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Rothko said:
    Mayo no question. what kind of animal are you? 
    A non French one.
    Mayonnaise isn’t French, it’s Spanish, named after the town of Mahon, Menorca. 
    I read somewhere that it was first made by British soldiers under siege by the French and Spanish in Mahon to make their rations more palatable.
    Isn’t mayo from County Mayo? You’ll be telling me next that turkeys don’t come from Turkey.
  • Redrobo said:
    Rothko said:
    Mayo no question. what kind of animal are you? 
    A non French one.
    Mayonnaise isn’t French, it’s Spanish, named after the town of Mahon, Menorca. 
    I read somewhere that it was first made by British soldiers under siege by the French and Spanish in Mahon to make their rations more palatable.
    Isn’t mayo from County Mayo? You’ll be telling me next that turkeys don’t come from Turkey.
    Grease comes from Greece, though.
  • when making egg mayonnaise sarnies do you use salad cream or mayonnaise? I always use salad cream, can't abide it with mayonnaise. Morrisons sell it as a sandwich filler as either. What does everyone else use?
    What the actual??????
    Clue's in the title - erm Mayonnaise?
    this is a whoosh, right?

Egg & salad cream - tasty but it ain't mayonnaise, is it?  Classier yet with slices of tomato in there too for extra acidity, is it time for lunch?
  • got Egg Mayonnaise sandwiches for lunch today although the wife has been a bit stingy with the salad cream.
  • got Egg Mayonnaise sandwiches for lunch today although the wife has been a bit stingy with the salad cream.
    Are you still alive?
    Are you still alive?
    at the moment but have to say poorly wrapped and not cut right the way through. May be my last day on Charlton Life ….