Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lord Bowyer

Just had a scroll on the website and there is a page about how the Lord is so lucky with the fans he has got behind at this fantastic football club.
I wasn't there on Saturday but apparently the noise was unbelievable.
Credit to those you was there.
Like Bowyer said hopefully that equaliser is hopefully the start of the luck coming our way which we fully deserve due to the circumstances at the minute.
Unbeaten in 2 even if they are draws, I can see 3 points at The Valley on boxing day against Bristol City.
Keep the faith CharltonLifers, as soon as this takeover is done and dusted we will be laughing.
Charlton till I die, Lord Bowyer we trust.
Up the Addicks. 🔴⚪

Comments

• Talal said:
    Sorry to say it but "Lord" is a bit cringe. 
    No need to apologise as that's your opinion but sorry to say this, I just love the guy 😍😉
  • He's merely Lord Bowyer ....... not yet The Lord, Bowyer. :smile:

• edited December 2019
    His elevation to Lord Bowyer happened on here quite some time ago.
  • Talal said:
    Oh ye of little faith ! 

Haven't you heard of the Queen's New Year's Honours list ?
  • Talal said:
    It's up there with Sir Chris Powell
  • Field Marshall Bowyer KT, GCB, OM, GCVO, KCIE, roles off the tongue better 
  • Oggy Red said:
    He's merely Lord Bowyer ....... not yet The Lord, Bowyer. :smile:

Give it time. 
  • Went on Saturday with an acquaintance who feels LB isn't delivering and should go! WTF?
  • Sponsored links:

• Went on Saturday with an acquaintance who feels LB isn't delivering and should go! WTF?
    I would suggest they know diddly about football, or are a ´Sky fan`.
    I'd say get rid of your acquaintance. Constructive criticism is one thing but suggesting his Lordship should go? Balderdash and poppycock!

At least Our Lord Jesus Christ had a few loaves and fishes to feed the 5000; our lord has to make do with a couple of mouldy slices of bread and some fish fingers. You're going to struggle knocking up a MasterChef dish with those ingredients.

That he's been able to get the team promoted, vaguely competitive (even when we've been really crap we've not been tonked), and with a half-decent chance of staying up with his meagre and injury-ravaged resources is a miracle in itself and therefore he deserves everyone's support.
    Pick your friends more carefully, mate. :smile:

• There is a lot of praise for Bow and the job he has done, but I think it is also wider than the job he has done. 

I have been in jobs where through no fault of our own every step taken forward is met by two steps backward. It is soul destroying and depressing in a true sense if mental health.

How does Bow feel right now, he has assembled a squad, with depth, that should co Pete in this league at mid table level at least. He has seen that squad decimated by injury, but not only that, every time he thinks he is taking steps forward he takes two  back.

Mentally he has to be strong, especially with the additional burden of RDs ownership and the takeover, but it must be so deflating if not depressing!

• I watched his after match interview today (couldn’t watch it last night) he didn’t sound broken, but he was so honest with his assessment with the nature of the defeat, he sounded like one of us giving his views.
  • For every Brian Clough there is a Peter Taylor.  Gallen is our Peter Taylor.
  • When he made those substitutions against Derby, I said Good Lord Bowyer