Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WBA fa cup

2»

Comments

• Options
    WBA will put reserves out as well as they will not risk injuries to players with such a healthy lead at the top.

Sadly the FA Cup is not what it used to be, the magic of 3rd Round Day has gone.
    Magic of 3rd round day has not gone

But no magic in Charlton v West Brom a game that is played 6 days later in the league
    I am a lot older than you Paulie and trust me it has gone. We could be playing WBA 6 months later in the league and the stand arrangements, the ticket prices and reserves being played would be the same.
    Because its Charlton v West Brom

Hardly a glamour tie
    If we had drawn the league leaders at home when I was a kid in the 3rd round of the FA Cup all four sides of the ground would have been open and it would have been 1st team v 1st team on the day.  
    I remember going up to West Brom in the fa cup and the puddle scored for them 

you’re right it meant sooooo much more back in the day 

https://youtu.be/0wHVQs13R8k
    I went to that match and remember a west brom fan asking me to help in get into the ground as their stands were full..i didn't as it meant standing with us.

I forgot that we missed a penalty.
  • Options
    I don’t agree with clubs’ approach to the FA Cup generally, but in fairness to Charlton there is a minimum adult admission price of £15 written into the rules.
    And it's not as if vastly more people would go if it was £10 rather than £15 anyway!
  • Options
    I don’t agree with clubs’ approach to the FA Cup generally, but in fairness to Charlton there is a minimum adult admission price of £15 written into the rules.
    And it's not as if vastly more people would go if it was £10 rather than £15 anyway!
    You could make it £5 for adults and there still wouldn't be 12000 in the ground .

• Options
    clb74 said:
    You could make it £5 for adults and there still wouldn't be 12000 in the ground .

Even if it was a quid they´d struggle.

The FA Cup has very limited interest, been like this for many years since the financial importance of staying in the Premier League.

Football is finished for many.