Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Boxing Day be on the red button as midweek?

Just a thought. Anyone know? 

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No idea, sorry.
  • Options
    Yes it will be
  • Options
    Really? I didn't think games played on a Bank holiday were shown on the red button (Or I-Follow)
  • Options
    Excellent!!!! 
  • Options
    Thanks. 

Fantastic for me as I can watch the game and score huge brownie points at home for not being out of the house for ages.

But this red button stuff is going to kill football. That will be 6 consecutive home games that have been on live. I'd be well fed up if I'd paid over £500 for a season ticket for my old seat.

• Options
    Agreed. I have only attended 1 match in the last 2 months primarily because of a house move but must admit that I have also been put off making the 120 mile round trip by the poor run of results. Not great for getting behind the team but afraid I will be watching the Boxing Day game from the comfort of my sofa. Two hour watch at home versus 6+ hours out of the house if travel to the game. I cannot imagine re-committing to a season ticket nowadays which is a real shame.
  • Options
    On the subject of Sky coverage, I thought our re-arranged match versus Swansea on Thursday 2nd January was due to it being televised.

But according to my TV Times, the main game showing will be Derby v Barnsley, with this being 2 games in 3 days that the former will be visited by the Sky team.
  • Options
    On the subject of Sky coverage, I thought our re-arranged match versus Swansea on Thursday 2nd January was due to it being televised.

But according to my TV Times, the main game showing will be Derby v Barnsley, with this being 2 games in 3 days that the former will be visited by the Sky team.
    Derby v Barnsley will be on Sky Sports Main Event
    Swansea v Charlton will be on Sky Sports Football

Both KO @ 7:45pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Derby v Barnsley will be on Sky Sports Main Event
    Swansea v Charlton will be on Sky Sports Football

Both KO @ 7:45pm
    Not according to my TV Times.

Both Sky channels indicating the Derby v Barnsley match.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ignore kickoff times (GMT +13).
    Where’s The Match app is rarely wrong.

• Options
    Anyone know why our boxing day game is a 3pm kick off? London games have always been early kick offs in the past haven't they?
  • Options
    Anyone know why our boxing day game is a 3pm kick off? London games have always been early kick offs in the past haven't they?
    God knows... Guess its to give Bristol City fans a chance to get across - Pisses me off as will have to watch on the red button as seeing family, had it been 1pm I could have gone and seen the family afterwards
  • Options
    God knows... Guess its to give Bristol City fans a chance to get across - Pisses me off as will have to watch on the red button as seeing family, had it been 1pm I could have gone and seen the family afterwards
    Possibly but since when did the authorities care about the fans?
  • Options
    • Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Championship, Sky Sports Football (19:30)

• Options
    If I was to have a punt on the reason why kick-off hasn't been brought forward I'd put it down to TV and the latest contract which allows all non-Saturday 3pm Championship matches to be shown live.

TV money trumps the Mets' desire for an early finish on Boxing Day.