Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last day at work?

when is/did everyone finishing up for Christmas?

I finish at 5:30 today until 30th. I am sooooooo board today, i got loads done while everyone else was at the Christmas lunch the other day but cant leave as my boss might have someone coming in late that i would need to see. 

Comments

• Tuesday 12:30pm for me  :(
  • Tuesday for me then I'm off until New Years Day.
  • Finish Monday (hopefully before the train drivers) and back on 2nd Jan. 
  • Working all the days except Xmas and Boxing Day :(
  • Tuesday 1230 for me but then not back until the 6th
  • Technically Monday, but that will be a doss day.  Have days left over for leave, but couldn't take them from Wednesday just gone, so am taking 2nd and 3rd off.  Go back on the 6th Jan.  Needed, been a long year on the work front.

Really just need to use the 2 weeks to do nothing, and enjoy it.

Can't wait to be honest
  • Tuesday 5pm for me, then back in on the 30th & 31st then again on the 2nd. 
  • Already finished and not considering anything else until the 2nd.
  • to be fair, I say Monday is a doss day, but I've been on here since about 8.45 am and we have our xmas do at 2pm 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuesday am on a Half-Day (whole business rather than me taking leave)... Back @ work on Thursday

Thankfully can work from home though
  • Working from home on Monday (not that there'll be anything to do) then in the office on Christmas eve for a couple of hours. Only going in because my daughter loves coming in the office with me and we're off to the Palladium for the panto in the afternoon. Return on the 2nd.
  • Finish on Tuesday, back in for Friday 27th, then off until 3 January.
  • working all through, it's one of those nice years that christmas day and boxing day falls into a weekend. 2 days off at christmas and then straight back is not so much fun. 

• i'm off to the pub for an hour before i go mad!
  • Finish 3.30pm today , until 30th , then back for a day , then off till 2nd Jan.
  • Finished yesterday and go back on 7 January. It’s all fun working as a consultant in the Education Sector  
  • Finish today, though in reality no-one's done anything for the last few days. Christmas do is today as well - depending on location, maybe I'll run into @kebabs :smile:

Off until the 6th, using lots of annual leave, but I get to take in the Swansea game so that'll do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuesday at 15.15pm,Back on Friday at 07.00am
  • Just left and on the train home.  Back Mon 20th Jan.  Onlly used 12 days leave.  One of the only advantages of working for a University.
  • edited December 2019
    Technically finished yesterday. Today is quiz, secret Santa and then out for lunch and drinks. Monday and Tuesday will be working from home keeping an eye on emails. Back on 30th.
  • Carter said:
    working all through, it's one of those nice years that christmas day and boxing day falls into a weekend. 2 days off at christmas and then straight back is not so much fun. 

Is this a whoosh because Boxing Day is Thursday so it does not fall into a weekend .....
  • MrOneLung said:
    Carter said:
    working all through, it's one of those nice years that christmas day and boxing day falls into a weekend. 2 days off at christmas and then straight back is not so much fun. 

Is this a whoosh because Boxing Day is Thursday so it does not fall into a weekend .....
    was thinking the same. Check your calendar @Carter !
  • last day in office today, work from home Monday, then back in the office next Tuesday (New Years Eve).

Been working 27 years and a week off at Xmas is the longest i've ever had. Can't wait.

• My rotation pattern gives me that day off thankfully. I'd rather go in and earn some bucks though 
  • edited December 2019
    cabbles said:

last day in office today, work from home Monday, then back in the office next Tuesday (New Years Eve).

Been working 27 years and a week off at Xmas is the longest i've ever had. Can't wait.

what AFKA is saying is that he's basically available should you have any technical or administrative queries about the site over the next week or so
    so @i_b_b_o_r_g is finally getting a bit of help round here?