Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luke Young

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Surprisingly quiet on the Luke front. Should he stay or should he go?

Comments

• Options
    I think he will go....

As long as we get the right money I wouldn't be fussed.

Will no-one take our 'STAR STRIKER' Marcus 'My name is Marcus' Bent?
  • Options
    If we can get £3M+ I'd be happy for him to go. He's solid, but not a leader, and not very creative. As I think AFKA said re us signing the French bloke, right backs don't win the league for you (whereas goalies and midfield lynchpins can - and we still need to find them).
  • Options
    Should he stay or should he go
    Will he go and blow some bubbles
    If he stays his hip's in trouble

.... rumours suggest Newcastle, Boro and Everton interested in him - all subject to medical of course

we can't afford his wages and a top right-back isn't as key as some areas of the pitch so £3.5M would be a good deal
  • Options
    I don't think there is any doubt that we would offload him if the opportunity arises.

After a shaky start - when I absolutely hated him - he did ok for us in the end and won me round, just. I for one would wish him well.
  • Options
    Not sure about him - he isn't too bad - doesn't often make glaring errors unlike some other defenders I could mention (yes you HH), but I have a sneaky feeling he's been trying to leave for a couple of seasons and part of me still thinks he hasn't given quite 100% to us because he's been looking to leave for a while.

Met him at the Player of the Year awards too and he was a right misery guts!
  • Options
    Can't see us getting anymore than 2.5m for him unfortunately.
  • Options
    Think any fee we would get would be heavily appearance based due to doubts over Future Fitness, that Failed Medical from 12 months ago will see to that.
  • Options
    If Leighton Baines is being touted for £6m then Luke, a recent England international, has to be worth at least £4 million allowing for his dodgy medical record and age.
  • Options
    If we get over £2m then it makes sense to sell.

However in our current predicament we need all the premiership class/experience we can get and no matter what anyone says, Youngy is one of the best right backs out there. The way its going only Thatcher will have any decent experience in our back four and he is a nut nut.

Someone will take a chance on him.
  • Options
    I dont think you can compare baines with Captain Chaos Len, you just cant, baines is a good little player and is still young enough to play for the U 21's! Our Luke is just a normal aged average player who shone when he wanted to! Since he has wanted out he has not looked too interested so i would sell him for 2 mill if offered, if not he will be good competition/cover for a moo to a kill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i tink people are being a little unfair. at 4mil i was unimpressed when we bought him but he is very consistent and very solid....at one time behind mr nev in the pecking order. he played a lot of games for us, i think hes been worth our money, and i also firmly believe that a lesser prem team (i.e. bottom 10) could benefit from him being there.