Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 2-2 Hull

many thanks to the 51 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• Back on top :D 

I had thought Pratley would take it - he'd have deserved it too, it was a much-improved display from him as well after some weaker recent showings
  • Oh and LL - you've put the attacking players' season stats up twice :)
  • edited December 2019
    Despite the low score, I think Morgan was the difference between abject Tuesday and pick pocketed Friday. He should never have gone off, as he held the side together.

Can anyone explain Naby's role? Seemed to play in half a dozen positions in one match without being caught napping?
  • Leuth said:
    Oh and LL - you've put the attacking players' season stats up twice :)
    thanks Leuth, edit made
  • Leuth said:
    Oh and LL - you've put the attacking players' season stats up twice :)
    Sarr has proven himself better than Pearce in the last three games ( one of those when we didn’t play) but I hope we are in a position to replace both in January
  • edited December 2019
    Just reading through Lord Naby's season marks with a bemused grin on my face. Has any other player had such a variable* season? I guess Karlan Grant's final season was a bit like that 

*even taking into account the extended post-Millwall scapegoating ;)
  • edited December 2019
    Leuth said:
    Just reading through Lord Naby's season marks with a bemused grin on my face. Has any other player had such a variable* season? I guess Karlan Grant's final season was a bit like that 

*even taking into account the extended post-Millwall scapegoating ;)
    And the learning point to take from this...........whatever you do in your Charlton career, do not not under any circumstances screw up against the Spanners. And particularly if you are a bit of a marmite player. Many a former player has had to carry that burden with them.
  • I hadn't realised we only had 5 shots in the whole match, which isn't great for a home side. With Hull having 15, perhaps they deserved the point

2 shots on target, 2 goals  so their keeper effectively made no saves in the match!
  • Corr 7.62 is a bit high for Naby. Maybe he got some higher marks out of sympathy lol

Still a lot of misplaced passes and lost marking/out of position. 
  • Corr 7.62 is a bit high for Naby. Maybe he got some higher marks out of sympathy lol

Still a lot of misplaced passes and lost marking/out of position. 
    Won a number of headers and kept their best striker out of the game when marking him. Also gave us one of the most exquisite, perfectly timed runs, where he started and ended a fantastic move. 

If he had pace with his finishing, he'd be a demon up front. (Would have been a hard shot to miss mind you)
  • Sponsored links:

• It's good to see that three of our more maligned players over the last couple of seasons - His Royal Sarrness BeckenSarr the Enforcer, Pratley, and Leko - were our top three on Friday.

Pratley's reputation seems to have been repaired towards the back end of last year and deffo this season; he's gone from "f*** me, Pratley's starting" to "f*** me, where's Pratley, we going to miss him".

A lot is made of Leko's perceived lack of end product and, bizarrely, effort but whenever I've seen him (home games and whatever away matches are on the idiot lantern) he's impressed me. Give him a chance to get his footballing brain up to speed so that he can make the right choice re passing/running at defenders/shooting and he'll be a very good player. Conor also has a lot to learn re passing/running at defenders/shooting but he gets cut a lot more slack from Lifers.

As for the Mighty Naby, I'd like to see him tried in the centre-half-back role; he's got the defensive skills to allow him to drop back into the back line and he's comfortable enough on the ball to bring play forward. You could think of him as a bigger (slightly slower) version of Viera (and boy, wouldn't we be happy if he could develop into half as good a player as Viera!) but I'd probably see him as a modern incarnation of one of my favourite players of the last twenty years: Kish.
  • edited December 2019
  • Takes a while to build up to speed but when he gets going he becomes an unstoppable juggernaut. 

• A lot is made of Leko's perceived lack of end product and, bizarrely, effort but whenever I've seen him (home games and whatever away matches are on the idiot lantern) he's impressed me. 
     This is something I have noticed, Leko has probably covered as much ground as Gallagher of late. His silly mistakes are annoying but his dummied cross for Sarr was bloody spot on. 
  • It is interesting that the perceived, by some, 'lazy sod' Leko has managed 5 goals and 4 assists.
  • LenGlover said:
    It is interesting that the perceived, by some, 'lazy sod' Leko has managed 5 goals and 4 assists.
    With 3 out of the 5 goals we scored in November he's been a crucial part of our attack in recent weeks, as Bonne has slightly faded since his excellent run in October